Oresund Bridge Crossing-Pedestrians?

Does anyone know if pedestrians are permitted to cross the Oresund Bridge between Denmark and Sweeden?

Princess Grand 8/2004

Celebrity Summit 8/2002

Having sailed past it last year it would be one hell of a walk !!! It's huge.

Norwegian Dream April 2003

CONSTELLATION BALTIC CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

soon to be on board .Thats the life

Constellation MAY 22ND 2004

I don't know if it is allowed walk across, but I don’t think you would like to do it. The Öresund Bridge consists of a 2,2 mile tunnel, a 2,5 mile distance across an artificial island, and a 4,9 mile bridge. It has two decks, with a railway on the lower deck and the cars on the upper deck. To reach the bridge on the Danish side, there is a 5,6 mile highway, and on the Swedish side a 6,2 mile highway.

Should you still feel you have to do it, here is the event for you: http://www.broloppet.com/show.php?id=1&lang=2 icon_wink.gif

North-bound thanks for the information. If my cruise was in June, I would try the marathon. As it is, I guess I'll have to postpone that walk.

I love doing bridge walks - I've done Golden Gate, Sunshine Bay bridge when it was inagurated, and Mackinaw. Was hoping for my first international bridge......

jkl

Princess Grand 8/2004

Celebrity Summit 8/2002

lonsdajk,

Are you on a Baltic cruise that will take you to Stockholm? There is a bridge here that is a really nice walk, with a fantastic view of central Stockholm. The name is Västerbron (means West Bridge). Its a fairly long and high bridge. Stockholm, being built on islands, has bridges everywhere, but for someone like you who really loves to walk bridges Västerbron is by far the best. I love long walks myself, and walked across Västerbron today.

Archived