Freeport...Grand Lacayan or Taino Beach Resort?

cruiserfamily4

We are going on a cruise and will be in Freeport on March 31st. Which resort do you recommend...Grand Lacayan or Taino Beach Resort? I am not sure of the cost for a day pass at Taino Beach Resort. I believe the Grand Lacayan is $15 pp (ages 10+) and $7 pp (ages 3-10). Would love to hear opinions and any other information you might have on this! Thanks! :confused:

Edited by cruiserfamily4

We will be there earlier in March, considering Grand Lacayan or Junkanoo on Taino beach, from what I have read, $10 pp round trip shared cab to Lacayan and $14 pp round trip to Junkanoo beach club ($2 to get in, they have a website)....overall a little cheaper, so we are leaning towards Junkanoo

• 6 months later...

FYI... those cab fares are for a minimum of 5 people... if you can find a small cab. The XL passenger vans they have at the port require a higher minimum!

My wife and I had a heck of a time getting to Paradise Cove once. Now, we use the resort's own transportation, but then we had to have a minivan called in and pay for five people, even though there were only two of us. :( But, I'd still rather do that than go to Port Lucaya again!

Can anyone give me a review on the Taino beach resort? How much was the taxi?

I can't give you a review, but I did receive an email from TBR. Day passes are $20. I think the most cost effective way to get there would be shared taxi van to Lucaya ($10 pp/rt) and then the TBR ferry ($6 pp/rt).

This is not in the same area where you would take a shared taxi to Taino Beach where Junkanoo Beach club is.