Disney Veteran has Carnival Questions

DisneySisters

Hi all! I am veteran cruiser and have been on CCL, RCCL, and Disney. However, on my last cruise on CCL, I was probably nine or ten, so I don't really remember much of the Carnival-specific logistics and processes. I have several specific questions. I'm hoping you lovely people have answers. :)

First, background information: we are on a 7 night Western Caribbean out of Galveston 3/14/15 on the Freedom. There are three of us, mom and two teenage daughters. We are driving to the port.

Now, my questions:

1) Should we do a park and cruise from our hotel? Park at the port? Something else?

2) Anyone happen to know which terminal in Galveston the Freedom sails out of?

3) Where is the FTTF line in the Galveston Terminal?

4) We purchased Bottomless Bubbles over the phone from the Fun Shops over the phone. Where do we get stickers on our cards?

5) Is the soda on the Freedom in fountains or cans?

6) How do we get tickets for the Seuss at Sea Breakfast?

7) Has anyone done the River Tubing in Jamaica or Snuba in Grand Cayman excursions? How were they?

and 8) Does the Freedom have American Table menus or the regular ones?

Thank you so much!

1) Should we do a park and cruise from our hotel? Park at the port? Something else?

We use Park-n-Cruise -- directly across the street from the cruise terminal. Just Google it to get info and directions.

2) Anyone happen to know which terminal in Galveston the Freedom sails out of? If you come in along HarborSide Dr, you will easily find it. If you are elsewhere on the island, find 25th street and follow it north.

3) Where is the FTTF line in the Galveston Terminal?

4) We purchased Bottomless Bubbles over the phone from the Fun Shops over the phone. Where do we get stickers on our cards?

5) Is the soda on the Freedom in fountains or cans? Cans--bartender will/waiter will pour it into cup for you.

6) How do we get tickets for the Seuss at Sea Breakfast?

7) Has anyone done the River Tubing in Jamaica or Snuba in Grand Cayman excursions? How were they?

and 8) Does the Freedom have American Table menus or the regular ones?

Thank you so much!

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

We always use Park and Cruise. It's right across the street and you can get indoor parking if you want it. No need to wait for shuttles. Just drop everyone and the luggage at the terminal, go across the street and park and then walk back to the terminal.

To answer #3, once you go into the main doors to the terminal you'll see signs for Priority passengers. Just follow those and you can't get lost. There's a Priority sign for security and then for check in. after check in they will direct you where to sit. It's a roped off area near the doors you go through to board the ship, so you don't have far to go once they call you. They will call wedding parties, then Platinum and Diamond level, then FTTF. Once they start boarding it shouldn't be more than a few minutes until you are called. When we used FTTF they started boarding around 11:15 and we were dropping our bags in our cabin by 11:25.

1) Parking at the port is $50 for a 7 day cruise, $45 if paid in advance and the shuttle to the ship it is right there. You can drop off people and luggage at the door then you can go park the car and ride shuttle back.

2) There is really only 1 port in Galveston, take Harborside Dr off on I-45 and it goes right to the port at 25th street (port on left)

3) The FTTF line is inside the main terminal all the way to the left, follow the directions. There are people there directing you.

4) Should be on your cards when you get them, if not get them at the drink sale table near the pools.

5) Bottomless Bubbles soda is given to you in a glass not self service fountain and they would not let us get a can and we tried several times. You can buy the cups and get them filled at the bars.

6) Don't know about this one

7) Don't know about this one

8) Don't know about this one

Edited by kendracruises