Any short San Juan departure cruises?

Capecodbeachfront

I was in the midst of planning a San Juan vacation for this Fall. Was thinking of doing a 4-5 day stay then a short cruise. Oops... I was quite shocked when I could find no 3-5 day cruises departing from SJ in Sept or Oct. Did I set my search incorrectly? I was expecting a number of short cruises to St Thomas, etc but all I would find were 7 cruises, and truthfully not many of them. Are there smaller cruise lines that might fit my needs if the majors do not?

I was planning the trip as a final hurrah of my 2 year Southwest companion pass which expires at the end of 2015. I am sure SJ would be great but SJ and a mini cruise... absolute heaven. Bummed in cold, snowy Upstate NY!:)

Edited by Capecodbeachfront

I was in the midst of planning a San Juan vacation for this Fall. Was thinking of doing a 4-5 day stay then a short cruise. Oops... I was quite shocked when I could find no 3-5 day cruises departing from SJ in Sept or Oct. Did I set my search incorrectly? I was expecting a number of short cruises to St Thomas, etc but all I would find were 7 cruises, and truthfully not many of them. Are there smaller cruise lines that might fit my needs if the majors do not?

I was planning the trip as a final hurrah of my 2 year Southwest companion pass which expires at the end of 2015. I am sure SJ would be great but SJ and a mini cruise... absolute heaven. Bummed in cold, snowy Upstate NY!:)

The shortest I've ever noticed when searching was a 6 night. Most are 7. Maybe you need to use more vacation days?

I agree though, it would be a perfect place for a rotating 3 - 4 cruise.

no all cruises from here are 7 nights, only on special sailings 6 nights

Most people don't want to pay the expensive plane fare to San Juan and back just to go on a 3 or 4 day cruise.

Interesting you say that. We found airfare from Minnesota to San Juan much cheaper than if we were to fly to Florida.

Works great for us as we wanted to spend several days there anyways. So 4 days in Puerto Rico, then we hop on the ship for 7 days.