Norwegian Gem Adults Only Area on Deck?

Happymemakes3

I stumbled upon some decks higher up with large, cushioned loungers. It was practically deserted. I couldn't say this was strictly adults only, but there was nothing to entertain children, just a deck and sun beds. I found out quickly it was most likely empty because those cushions were scalding hot from the sun, and I was sweating to death in about 3 minutes, so be prepared!

ImageUploadedByForums1424959360.331056.jpg.3682f23189f911c3dbe84f1d679fc54d.jpgI found this pic I took of the area. Great views! There was stair access to it. Can't remember exactly, but I think the stairs may have been near the basketball court.

Have fun and happy cruising!

Edited by AEckhardt

Thanks for the pic! We went on the Carnival Dream in 2013 and they had the Serenity Adults area, we loved it! We would send our son to the kids camp and this is where we went to, it had a bar and everything... but we didn't want to go all the way to FL this time to get on a cruise since NYC is a lot closer and we don't fly. So we were hoping the Gem offered something like this on their ship. This is out 1st time with NCL, so we are looking for good food, good drinks and some nice down time ;)

According to the deck plan I looked at, the Freestyle Deck, which is what the adult deck is called on NCL, is located on Deck 15.

If you look at the deck plans for Deck 15 one side of the deck is public access & the other side is for Haven guests. I read for the public side you take stairs on Deck 13 by sports court & Haven guests access their side via Haven courtyard.

Edited by dlynn0366

YES THERE IS!!! We have enjoyed our time out there 3 years ago. By the bottom of the forward funnel, there is a sign at the bottom of the stairs that reads "freestyle sun deck" :)

We saw the same thing on the Pearl last year, in the same place I think. We took "Freestyle Deck" to mean clothing optional.....not sure if we were right because there was no one there.