Late arrival?

jpatrick

We booked a cruise out of miami that departs at four pm. But we are not scheduled to arrive until two and carnival has us flying into ft. Lauderdale instead. What happens if the flight is delayed? Has anyone else have such a late arrival?

We booked a cruise out of miami that departs at four pm. But we are not scheduled to arrive until two and carnival has us flying into ft. Lauderdale instead. What happens if the flight is delayed? Has anyone else have such a late arrival?

You've got to be onboard 90, minutes before sailing, so that flight is not going to work

Edited by uksimonusa

Carnival says the fright will work, but if i want to get in earlier i will have to pay $835.00!!! Anty suggestions?

Call them back and ask them to explain how it will work, the math doesn't work. Plane arrives at 2.00pm, so without delays and waiting for luggage, you will be in a taxi, without luggage at 2.15pm, during the 40 min taxi ride to the airport, the last aboard time of 2.30pm, 90 mins before sailing, happens, you are still in a taxi on I95 without your luggage!!

The only was I can see it even possibly working, is if Carnival consider you checked in when you board your flight, as they booked the air, even with this allowance, 2 hours from scheduled landing and ship departure, there is no room for even a minute delay

I would call and ask to speak with a supervisor. There's no way that will work. That's cutting it way too close. They will probably have you check in at the airport in FLL and then shuttle you down, but OMG I would be in a total panic.

OP, I really hope you can talk to them and get them to switch you to an earlier fight...

Even though they booked your flight, they do not have to hold the ship for you. They might not sail on time if there are a huge amount of people with delays, but it wouldn't be just because of you. If you miss the ship and have passports, they could fly you to the first port to join the ship.

That flight schedule is insane. You need to get it changed. I wouldn't even recommend flying onto Miami with an arrival time like that.

Even though they booked your flight, they do not have to hold the ship for you. They might not sail on time if there are a huge amount of people with delays, but it wouldn't be just because of you. If you miss the ship and have passports, they could fly you to the first port to join the ship.

That flight schedule is insane. You need to get it changed. I wouldn't even recommend flying onto Miami with an arrival time like that.

I so agree, 2 cruises ago we were delayed in atlanta due to bad weather somewhere else in the country and the plane we were trying to get on was late arriving into atlanta. We were hours delayed..

First cruise we had our luggage lost and it was delivered to our hotel hours later after several frantic phone calls.

Last cruise we were with out incident but we flew direct. There's so many things that can go wrong. This is why I tell people fly the day before. I know you didn't pick the flight and it's not your fault, but you need to call Carnival ASAP and beg and plead to be put on a different flight. If if doesn't work ask to speak to a supervisor. Seriously. Just remain calm and collected on the phone and remember to be nice. You won't get anywhere being mean and nasty :)

I don't know about other cruiselines, but Carnival is the worst when it comes to arranging flights through them. Even if the plane is to the minute on time, you've got to get your luggage, get in the taxi or shuttle, have the porters take your bags, and get checked in. Who wants to be in that kind of a frenzy when it's completely unnecessary. Forget about holding the ship or even catching up in the next port, Carnival needs to make reasonable arrangements or I wouldn't use them. Ask for a supervisor and their supervisor if necessary.