Queen Elizabeth stateroom choice

4lin

We are planning our first trip on QE in November to the Canary Islands and will be booking a balcony stateroom. Can any experienced cruisers advise us novices as to which balconies get the most sunshine? We realise that as the ship changes direction that will affect it, but we're thinking averages over the whole trip. We're interested in higher decks, fore or aft.

Thanks.

We are planning our first trip on QE in November to the Canary Islands and will be booking a balcony stateroom. Can any experienced cruisers advise us novices as to which balconies get the most sunshine? We realise that as the ship changes direction that will affect it, but we're thinking averages over the whole trip. We're interested in higher decks, fore or aft.

Thanks.

Hi 4lin,

I enjoyed cabin 7119 :) .

Photos via the link below...

... under "Queen Elizabeth Interiors", pics at the end of the set

or via this link:

(But frankly, I spend so little time on my balcony, there is so much to do, plus I like to be near a pool... also, as the ship moves about, and the sun rises and sets, I would have thought that all balconies would get some sun over the course of a cruise).

Hope this helps.

Can any experienced cruisers advise us novices as to which balconies get the most sunshine? We realise that as the ship changes direction that will affect it, but we're thinking averages over the whole trip. We're interested in higher decks, fore or aft.

Thanks.

We sailed recently with a teacher of geography who plotted the course on a map and worked out which side of the ship would get most sun.

You could try that possibly.

David.

Thanks to you both. Turns out we have left it so late to book that there wasn't a lot of choice anyway! We've had to settle for midships and have 6.151 which is starboard. I'm sure we'll have a great time though.