Another Early Saver Question

cruisintwinsmom

A little background: usually I book at the last minute as I find generally that fares drop after final payment is due.

1. With that said, I'm looking at booking the Liberty in July. Do you think it is worthwile to book an Early Saver rate for an OV 6A? It is about $70 more than the current VIFP rate (I have sailed Carnival twice before). I am okay with getting OBC after final payment because I can use that for gratuities and drinks.

2. When I sail on RCCL I usually work with a TA and get OBC through the agency. If I use a TA and get the ES, can I appy for the price adjustments myself or do I need to go through the TA?

Thanks for your help with this matter.

I always book early saver, but i am usually booking about a year or more ahead of time. I book at a price I am ok with and then if I get price drops they are a bonus.

As far as booking with a TA you would have to go thru them to apply for any price drops. Carnival can not deal directly with you because your TA owns your booking.

I always book early saver, but i am usually booking about a year or more ahead of time. I book at a price I am ok with and then if I get price drops they are a bonus.

As far as booking with a TA you would have to go thru them to apply for any price drops. Carnival can not deal directly with you because your TA owns your booking.

Thank you for your help! :)

Just so you know, there is no guarantee that prices will decline. It all depends on how well the ship is selling. Also, if you go with a TA, check and see if they charge for processing ES price drops. A TA I used to use a long time ago only gave one free ES price drop request (and they would complain about that one) and then charge $25 per request (whether it was fulfilled or not) thereafter.

Just so you know, there is no guarantee that prices will decline. It all depends on how well the ship is selling. Also, if you go with a TA, check and see if they charge for processing ES price drops. A TA I used to use a long time ago only gave one free ES price drop request (and they would complain about that one) and then charge $25 per request (whether it was fulfilled or not) thereafter.

Thanks! I was afraid that my online TA would do the same thing. :o I went ahead and booked this afternoon - already have a $60/pp price drop + a little OBC with price protection in place. It seems like the sailings out of SJ don't drop as much as FL and I am locked into my date for other reasons, so now I have a room. :p