Sunset cruise Aruba

Scorpio83

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit new to this board in terms of posting but I have been reading a lot of good reviews and suggestions. We are doing a family trip in April on Royal the southern Caribbean "a" from San Juan. We are interested in the sunset cruise in Aruba and when I search the forum, the only posts about this are from 2012 and earlier.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips. We are considering a private tour outside of the ship excursion. I read Tranquilo and Red something but again those are older posts. Would like some current info.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit new to this board in terms of posting but I have been reading a lot of good reviews and suggestions. We are doing a family trip in April on Royal the southern Caribbean "a" from San Juan. We are interested in the sunset cruise in Aruba and when I search the forum, the only posts about this are from 2012 and earlier.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips. We are considering a private tour outside of the ship excursion. I read Tranquilo and Red something but again those are older posts. Would like some current info.

Thanks!

Jolly Pirate. Fun time for a family. Includes a rope swing. Two hour cruise. Leaves from Moomba's on Palm Beach in the hi-rise section.

Sunset cruise suggestions from June 2014

We have sailed with Strea Charters, Jolly Pirates and Tranquilo. They were all great. It just depends upon what type of experience you are looking for.

Blue Melody & Black Pearl Sailing also receive excellent reviews on CC's sister website http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147249-d1566249-Reviews-Blue_Melody_Black_Pearl_Sailing-Palm_Eagle_Beach_Aruba.html

We were just on the Black Pearl today. This was our 3rd time doing the sunset cruise. Book well in advance...they only take 20 people. Snorkeling, sunset, relaxation, snacks, and drinks...great people.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...
Sunset cruise suggestions from June 2014

We have sailed with Strea Charters, Jolly Pirates and Tranquilo. They were all great. It just depends upon what type of experience you are looking for.

Blue Melody & Black Pearl Sailing also receive excellent reviews on CC's sister website http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147249-d1566249-Reviews-Blue_Melody_Black_Pearl_Sailing-Palm_Eagle_Beach_Aruba.html

How is the Jolly Pirate sunset? We like a more relaxed vibe but don't mind a few laughs with a cocktail, but are not looking for a party barge ... Is this for us?

Good morning, friends.

We are only 5 days away from sailing now! I am very much a planner and my boyfriend is more of a laid back 'fly by the seat of your pants' traveler. As such, I am anxious about the sunset cruise.

Blue Melody & Black pearl are now SOLD OUT the day we are in port. :(

Red Sail sports - just saw a review on trip advisor saying the cat was over crowded, couldn't see the sunset, no where to sit :confused:

Jolly Pirates seems like it's not exactly what we're looking for as we are taking my parents who are in their late 50's and we wanted something relaxing :cool:

De Palm tours offers a sunset cruise but it says on the website cruise passengers must book through the ship and our ship's excursion is through Red Sail sports.

Tranquilo has private sailings available, which are a bit expensive but might be worth it. Waiting for a reply.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Scorpio83

Also, my brother is interested in doing some activities through De Palm but he said he looked on the website (he's interested in the helmet dive thing...like scuba but with a helmet) he said the website said he has to purchase a day pass to a hotel resort, then pay for the activity on top of that? I couldn't find that on the website. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance.

Good morning, friends.

We are only 5 days away from sailing now! I am very much a planner and my boyfriend is more of a laid back 'fly by the seat of your pants' traveler. As such, I am anxious about the sunset cruise.

Blue Melody & Black pearl are now SOLD OUT the day we are in port. :(

Red Sail sports - just saw a review on trip advisor saying the cat was over crowded, couldn't see the sunset, no where to sit :confused:

Jolly Pirates seems like it's not exactly what we're looking for as we are taking my parents who are in their late 50's and we wanted something relaxing :cool:

De Palm tours offers a sunset cruise but it says on the website cruise passengers must book through the ship and our ship's excursion is through Red Sail sports.

Tranquilo has private sailings available, which are a bit expensive but might be worth it. Waiting for a reply.

Any other suggestions?

Tranquilo or Strea would be the best options, though not inexpensive. Otherwise, book something through your ship. At least transportation will be included, but you will have to put up with a crowd.

Also, my brother is interested in doing some activities through De Palm but he said he looked on the website (he's interested in the helmet dive thing...like scuba but with a helmet) he said the website said he has to purchase a day pass to a hotel resort, then pay for the activity on top of that? I couldn't find that on the website. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance.

De Palm Island is an all inclusive package. YES, the Helmet Dive IS an add on. Again, not an inexpensive day. Your best bet again, to include transportation directly from the cruise terminal, is to book this directly with your ship' excursion desk.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion on April 16th thru RCL with Red Sail. Not impressed. Captain and deck hands were boring, and we mostly motored around. The sail was only up for show. Boat was full and we could not see the sunset very well because of the position of the sailboat. Captain would not turn slightly so those of us in the front (most people) didn't get a good clear view.

• 3 years later...
We were just on the Black Pearl today. This was our 3rd time doing the sunset cruise. Book well in advance...they only take 20 people. Snorkeling, sunset, relaxation, snacks, and drinks...great people.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Planning on doing this in December from Carnival Horizon. Can you please tell me how long and how much money it was to get to their dock? Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance