Galveston cruise hotels, transportation, port

aeneas3

hi all

Been reading thru a ton of threads and I have an idea of what I likely will want to do.

My biggest question is, what do cruisers do in order to get to the port from the hotels that do not offer shuttles and are not walkable?

Are their shuttle services like from the airport and back to the airport? I cannot seem to find anything.

Just trying to price if it is better to stay at a cheaper place and pay for a shuttle to the port or just stay at a place within walking distance.

we are flying in the day before and then staying in galveston likely. It is a busy weekend 8/21 sailing 8/22.

For example

Moodys is $231 for 2 queen beds and their shuttle is $20 pp

The free shuttle places all seem sold out except for the hilton which is 309/339

thanks

Edited by aeneas3

we're actually flying in from Utah (SWA to Hobby) on the 6th. We want to spend a few days at Johnson Space Center. We will rent a car from hobby and stay at the BEst Western in Texas City. We can return the rental car back to Avis on the day of the cruise and we found a shuttle that will take us from the Avis place at the mall out to Galveston for only about $25 for both of us! then we plan either to use the service to get back to the airport or just take the Carnival shuttle from port back to Hobby on the 16th. (we cruise out on the 9th on Magic) I actually didn't know anything about it until the hotel clerk at the Best Western mentioned something about it. it's called VIP shuttle (they don't have a website but you can google it and get information. even if they can't do it Avis said they have a shuttle for $50 (for both) that goes out to the port. BTW--the Best Western Mainland the rates were about $89-90 per night and they have a free hot breakfast in the mornings. Best Western hotels are usually pretty good. out of other hotels we've stayed in we always seem to keep coming back to BW! not fancy or big but they have what you need and the pricing makes it worth it.

Edited by karessamom