Tendering at Cannes

We are taking the Norwegian Epic Mediterranean cruise with our grandchildren, ages 12 and 14, July 8, 2015. We are interested in an independent tour to St. Paul de Vence and Antibes through Viator that leaves Cannes at 9:00 a.m. However we aren't sure how long it will take us to tender off the ship. The itinerary shows an 8:00 a.m. arrival in Cannes. Can we realistically expect to be able to meet up with a tour group at 9:00? I have heard it sometimes takes 2 hrs. to tender off the larger ships. Most of the tours show 8:30 - 9:00 departures. Any other suggestions?

We are taking the Norwegian Epic Mediterranean cruise with our grandchildren, ages 12 and 14, July 8, 2015. We are interested in an independent tour to St. Paul de Vence and Antibes through Viator that leaves Cannes at 9:00 a.m. However we aren't sure how long it will take us to tender off the ship. The itinerary shows an 8:00 a.m. arrival in Cannes. Can we realistically expect to be able to meet up with a tour group at 9:00? I have heard it sometimes takes 2 hrs. to tender off the larger ships. Most of the tours show 8:30 - 9:00 departures. Any other suggestions?

Are you platinum latitudes or staying in a suite?

First off are the above and NCL booked tour passengers. Then you have to reserve a slot a few days before they appear on your TV or box office or i concierge app. If you are quick you could get an early slot else it could be 10.00 after which it becomes free tender come and go..

Thank you for the information Craig, We are staying in a Haven Family Suite. We are boarding in Rome so Cannes is our second day out. Do you think we would we be able to secure an early tender spot right after we board using our concierge? We have not sailed Norwegian before so I am unsure of their procedures.

Thank you for the information Craig, We are staying in a Haven Family Suite. We are boarding in Rome so Cannes is our second day out. Do you think we would we be able to secure an early tender spot right after we board using our concierge? We have not sailed Norwegian before so I am unsure of their procedures.

Yes if you are in the Haven you can be amongst first off. Just let the concierge know when you board. Enjoy your cruise :)

Thanks so much for answering this question as I was also wondering how the tenders worked. I am trying to organize a group for a tour in Cannes and I can tell the tour company the time to meet us at the dock. None of us are in a suite or Platinum so I guess I will tell everyone to request an early tender time. I really wanted to meet the tour guide at 9:30am. How long does it take to get from the ship to the dock via the tenders?