Renting ATV's vs. taking bus in Santorini

We have decided to do Santorini on our own. From reading thru numerous threads on this site, I've seen information on renting ATV's and taking the bus to Oia. I have a question in regards to the ATV's which is what do you do with the ATV while you are walking around looking at the sites? Do you just park it along the road and take the key with you? Also, I'm guessing you can drive them on the road safely to Oia and other locations around the island.

When you rent an ATV, do you pay a deposit? Do you give them a credit card or can you pay with cash?

Because of the amount of time we would be looking at the sights, I'm unsure if it makes sense to rent the ATV or if we should just take the bus to Oia.

The bus is 1 euro each. and is great fun. I wouldn't like to think I was driving along some of the roads that you will encounter. You have only inches to spare when passing other cars/busses.

I don't know the answers to your questions on the ATV, as we have always used the bus and saved the money for a nice meal out.

Archived