Cabana help

marley

Hi!

Can someone please tell me if they rent family cabanas to non concierge guest? This is our 6th Disney cruise and we have yet to get one. Even with 120 days out, they all show up as sold out. I have been on the computer either at 12:00am or 4:00am the first day. Am I wasting my time?

Yes, non concierge guests can get cabanas. YOU can't get one at 120 days as that is the reservation time for concierge and platinum guests (you are gold). So at 120 days, you will see everything as not available.

At 105 days, you may or may not be able to get one. Obviously, your chances are better on the classic ships. The best way for you to get one will be to just keep checking back--people DO book cabanas and then decide they don't want them for various reasons. When they cancel, it will show up as available--it is just a matter of you being on line at the right time. The other thing to do is to let the Port Adventures people know that you want one. Again, some people want to cancel after boarding. The only way they will not be charged is if another family rents the cabana...so if Port Adventures knows you are interested, that may sway the other family's decision.

Also, you say this is your 6th DCL cruise but your sig line lists only 1. If you are not gold, you'll have to start looking at 90 days.

Edited by moki'smommy

Moki thanks so much for your answer!

I have not updated my signature in a very long time! I need to just remove it. The last 3 years we have only been taking Disney cruises. With 4 kids, there is nothing better!!! As a mom, I actually get a vacation out of it.

Thanks again for your response, i will let them know we want a cabana the second we are on board. We luckily ended up with a very early port arrival time.

We got one on Serenity Bay last cruise, there are none showing available on our upcoming cruise, however there are three not showing as avail or booked. I assume they will pop up, or we'll get on the wait list. We are silver till after this cruise, never been concierge.

Moki thanks so much for your answer!

I have not updated my signature in a very long time! I need to just remove it. The last 3 years we have only been taking Disney cruises. With 4 kids, there is nothing better!!! As a mom, I actually get a vacation out of it.

Thanks again for your response, i will let them know we want a cabana the second we are on board. We luckily ended up with a very early port arrival time.

Just continue to check on line periodically--things DO open up. Concierge holds back ONE cabana till after the first day, so that is a possibility if none of their guests grab it.

I totally agree. I tell people that on the ships, MOM is on vacation too. Everything else we do, mom is still "on duty."