Triumph moving to New Orleans?

forwardcabin

Has anyone heard where Triumph will be between March 21, 2016, (the final day of its last sailing from Galveston) and April 4, 2016, (the first departure from New Orleans)? There's nothing scheduled that I can find.

Has anyone heard where Triumph will be between March 21, 2016, (the final day of its last sailing from Galveston) and April 4, 2016, (the first departure from New Orleans)? There's nothing scheduled that I can find.

If there is nothing scheduled, then that might be a 2-week drydock. If so, then that likely means that Triumph will be getting the entertainment downgrade: no more showband, half the performers, & 30-minute shows. If you want to see the good shows, get on Triumph before their next drydock.

TA friend of mine was hoping for a "good repo cruise" during that time but confirmed a last week that is will be dry dock time. It has been 4 years since her last dry dock after the fire. I thought Carnival policy was every 5 years but I must be mistaken.

Why are they making the shows shorter?

$$$. With shorter shows, they can use fewer performers, which saves money. The hour long shows provide enough breaks for the performers. With the new shows, the same 4-8 performers are almost always performing, with very limited breaks. They are worn out after 30 minutes. No live music for the shows means saving more money too. Some people like these new style of shows, most don't. Triumph still has the old shows, and their 2 shows are 2 of the best in the fleet: the New Orleans themed one & the one featuring cultures & dance styles from all over the world.

I don't know if it will be announced before the drydock whether they are changing the shows to the new style. With Freedom & Pride, we did find out that shows were being changed a little while before the drydock. With some other ships, almost nobody knew that the shows were being changed until the drydock was over.