Musical Evening at The Heritage Museum In SPB

Aliasamy

I have been told by someone that I work with that this tour offered by the ship was not to be missed. They cruised with Silverseas and I was told there were only about 50 people present on the evening that they went. It sounded as though it was just for their ships passengers which made it sound very intimate. I note Oceania offer a similar sounding tour in St Petersburg - we are cruising on the Marina In August.

Has anyone done this tour and can they give me their thoughts?

Edited by Aliasamy
spelling

Well, we did this tour, and I must say it was FANTASTIC. Doing the Hermitage when no one was there was spectacular.

I had been to SPB twice and had done the Hermitage with ALL the crowds. Can be a nightmare, so when I saw this tour w/Oceania, my husband had not been. I immediately signed up. What an evening--I can't say more about how well this was handled.

This will be a memory of special magnitude. We travel quite a bit, and this will definitely stand out.

Thus, as you would imagine, we would HIGHLY recommend this tour. We arrived at the Hermitage after it had closed and had a private tour. We then proceeded to a special gallery where we had a spectacular symphony presentation followed by a champagne reception.

Enjoy!!!!!

Thank you so much for your reply. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will definitely go ahead and book it now. Hoping it will not be too tiring as we have a three day tour booked with Alla but this is a once in a life time!:)

Also not to be missed is a ballet performance in Catherine the Great's private theater at the Hermitage. Since seating is first come first seated one can actually sit in her seat as DW did. The ballet was Giselle and quite well done although not at the level of the Mariensky.

Oh my gosh, Newlondon. What a fabulous event. If we had the opportunity or offer to do that as well, we would have done so. I shall look for that in the future.

And Aliasamy. I am so glad you are going to do this tour. It was wonderful, and I shall wish for you that it will be as great for you as it was for us.

Another vote for absolutely do not miss the musical evening at the Hermitage.

The smaller group private evening tour of this world famous museum is phenomenal and the orchestra will sweep you away.

The champagne afterward is okay - but who cared. The event/ venue is glorious in the extreme.

JMBobB