Staying on Ship at port

We booked a cruise and the port are all new to us but one, Grand Cayman. We have never just stayed on the ship while in port, but was thinking of doing it at this port. Any thoughts? Is food still available? Any help? Thank you

Years ago, the ship just about shut down in each port and resemble a wasteland.

Over the years, the ship has become pretty much fully functional while in port, excluding those things prohibited by law.

We stay on board in San Juan when the itinerary calls for the ship to arrive late in the afternoon.

I can understand your feelings to some degree. Cruising can be very regimented, more so than other vacations I've taken. Some tips on time management (not necessarily aimed at you):

* Get a watch

* Use your watch

* Bring an alarm clock

* Set them to ship's time

* Ship's time is law; ignore all other suggestions of time

* Especially ignore what your cell phone says is the time

All *excellent* advice! This trip (I hope!) will be a bit more relaxed, as it is just myself and my closest friend, and we won't be running all over trying to coordinate with two other couples (NEVER. AGAIN.). I'll let her wear the watch this time.

Staying on the ship while in port is almost becoming my favorite part of the trip.

I hate those lines when getting back on and going through security while everyone's purchases are falling all over the place..(lol)

I love it when the ship is empty.

If it's your first time in Grand Cayman, I'd suggest you get off the ship for a while, it's beautiful. If you don't it's so relaxing on tne ship without crowds. Either way, you will enjoy!

We booked a cruise and the port are all new to us but one, Grand Cayman. We have never just stayed on the ship while in port, but was thinking of doing it at this port. Any thoughts? Is food still available? Any help? Thank you

OP said that all the ports were new to them EXCEPT Grand Cayman.

After being on a few cruises, we finally have to decided to "stay put" on our next stop at Grand Turk. (Maybe get off to buy a trinket or two, then get back on.)

Looking forward to this, actually. ;)