POLL: Splendour of the Seas to become Thomson...

What to call Splendour of the Seas?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What to call Splendour of the Seas?

• Thomson Bliss
    • Thomson Dawn
    • Thomson Discovery
    • Thomson Explorer
    • Thomson Jubilation
    • Thomson Joy
    • Thomson Splendour
    • My Ship
    • Sensatori
    • Thomson Serenade
    • Thomson Breeze
    • Thomson Serenity

:d :d :d

I've gone for Thomson Splendour, simply because having cruised a few of the Thomsons ships, this new addition will be by far the most Splendid ship in thier fleet, and I believe that current Royal Caribbean cruisers will recognise the name and want to try it just to see how Thomson do things, The big problem might be if Thomson overprice it ?.

Christine & Pete

It just shows how far Thomson has fallen, when people get excited about what will be a 20 year old, second hand ship.

By getting all steamed up about this, your all just admitting on the quiet, but not saying what the truth is, even to yourselves - Thomson had fallen so far behind every other cruise line its laughable.

Yes, its way, way better than the rest of the Thomson fleet, (I have sailed on it) but when the fleet is as old and as poor as it is that's not saying much is it?

Try voting with your money instead and go elsewhere!

I have decided it's time to leave Thomson for another company.

This year it is a holiday to the Isle Of Man.

The last Thomson cruise was The East bound TA 2014, and it was a big let down from previous years. Food not as good, service slower, even tried to get a glass of warm water from the bar, told they good give me ice water or boiling water but not warm water. I had to take a glass of each to make my own warm water. The warn water was instructions from the ships doctor, no cold water, no alcohol. It also took me 6 months to recover from falling ill during the cruise, with, like a lot of others chest infections, coughs and in my case Acute Pneumonia.

Going with Fred Olsen sailing from Newcastle to Iceland May 2016.

My first cruise was with Thomson for my 25 wedding anniversary.

Have sailed with them every year except 2.

The Fred Olsen cruise during 2016 will be my Golden Wedding anniversary.

I have decided it's time to leave Thomson for another company.

This year it is a holiday to the Isle Of Man.

The last Thomson cruise was The East bound TA 2014, and it was a big let down from previous years. Food not as good, service slower, even tried to get a glass of warm water from the bar, told they good give me ice water or boiling water but not warm water. I had to take a glass of each to make my own warm water. The warn water was instructions from the ships doctor, no cold water, no alcohol. It also took me 6 months to recover from falling ill during the cruise, with, like a lot of others chest infections, coughs and in my case Acute Pneumonia.

Going with Fred Olsen sailing from Newcastle to Iceland May 2016.

My first cruise was with Thomson for my 25 wedding anniversary.

Have sailed with them every year except 2.

The Fred Olsen cruise during 2016 will be my Golden Wedding anniversary.

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly.

I am sure you will enjoy Fred Olsen - they are very similar in lots of ways to Thomson but I would say very slightly more 'upmarket'. Staff are lovely, food is very good too. We are cruising twice with FO this year & sadly (in some ways) won't be back with Thomson in 2016 either - beyond our price range now for a family of 4 with teens. Certainly not interested in climbing walls & mini golf & outdoor cinemas - could go to holiday camps in the UK if we wanted that!

Will be interested to hear your feedback on your May cruise - which ship are you sailing on?

Edited by Julessmiles

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly.

I am sure you will enjoy Fred Olsen - they are very similar in lots of ways to Thomson but I would say very slightly more 'upmarket'. Staff are lovely, food is very good too. We are cruising twice with FO this year & sadly (in some ways) won't be back with Thomson in 2016 either - beyond our price range now for a family of 4 with teens. Certainly not interested in climbing walls & mini golf & outdoor cinemas - could go to holiday camps in the UK if we wanted that!

Will be interested to hear your feedback on your May cruise - which ship are you sailing on?

I am going on Balmoral, have been on Boudica sailing from Rosyth to Norway a couple of years ago.

I am going on Balmoral, have been on Boudica sailing from Rosyth to Norway a couple of years ago.

We were on the Balmoral just before Christmas - it's a lovely ship with some really nice indoor & outdoor areas. When we were onboard, there were some Entertainment / Showteam Staff who we had seen on the Celebration & the shows were very good.

We humble peeps on this kind forum will not name the new ship, the men or ladies in the boardroom will decide me thinks ?:confused: may be wrong we shall see ;)

Point here…………. the Thomson guys used to give feedback on the cc forum and said they monitor the site , now I think they have all gone to facebottom whatever

Over to you my friends :cool:

Stevie

We humble peeps on this kind forum will not name the new ship, the men or ladies in the boardroom will decide me thinks ?:confused: may be wrong we shall see ;)

Point here…………. the Thomson guys used to give feedback on the cc forum and said they monitor the site , now I think they have all gone to facebottom whatever

Over to you my friends :cool:

Stevie

Agree with you re FB - they don't comment on the various 'unofficial' Thomson pages but they certainly do 'lurk'