Sailing in 4 days on the Breeze - Spring Break Madness?

Clearwater

Hope it's not a crazy Spring Break obnoxious time.

Wasn't really thinking too much about it except I just saw two friends post on FB who are on Liberty of the Seas and said it was crazy. His details were colorful lol. His is a 5 day cruise tho.

Ours is an 8 day cruise so I am hoping less Spring Break college crazy?

Oi!! Should I be worried or am I over thinking.

My grandson has spring break every year (he is a student in school here in So Florida) at this time in March....and every year, we cruise as a family on Carnival during his Spring Break. We NEVER have encountered any wild behavior. As you indicated, the shorter cruises usually are booked by the young college students who may party more, while this particular time is usually more families. We are also cruising this Saturday on the Breeze and cruised the same time last year on the Breeze. We had a fabulous time and found that a lot of the passengers were fellow residents of Palm Beach County who were enjoying their Spring Break. Carnival has a lot more families cruising than people realize.

I have done a few Spring Break cruises and 2 years ago was the only time I experienced the "Spring Break Madness". It was a group of high school students that all came together. Maybe a little over 100 with only about 10 chaperons. They were everywhere! At the ports, most of them were drinking and were pretty crazy when they got back on board. Probably even snuck some back on because by dinner time (late seating), they were still rowdy.

Maybe I'm just jealous that my high school never had senior class trips like that lol.

But after 22 cruises and only about 8 of them being spring break cruises, it's not so bad. Just be prepared. If you do get that one cruise, they are taking over. lol

Sad to say but I see more of the behavior you are describing from the 40 year olds that choose to let their hair down on a cruise than I do from the college aged kids. I despise stereotyping and I think it is unfair of people to equate massive misbehavior with any particular group whether kids or young adults.

I wasn't "stereotyping". I went on a senior class trip on Carnival eons ago and trust me, as soon as the group boarded, it was crazy. I remember girls passing out drinking out of shampoo bottles with straws, barf in a few hallways, and zero chance of anyone getting close to the pool because it was packed.

I have read stories on here and I have also experienced Spring Break at hotels back in the day and quite remember what a large group of intoxicated people act like.

I have also seen the 40 yr olds do the same thing but they are usually in small groups, not in a big group hence my apprehension.

I just had worries based on the fact when I booked, I didn't connect the dots with it being Spring Break. It's my wedding anniversary so I was thinking quiet relaxation. That is why I posted initially.

My nephew is 23, and I love kids... it's not bias toward them in general. I just think super large groups of any kind can be a bit crazy so I was apprehensive.

I appreciate all of the insight from everyone and it seems it can be hit and miss but probably miss with an 8 day cruise. Either way, I am packed and excited to go!

Remember this cruise goes over st pattys day and march madness. It's going to be wild!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St Paddy's falls on our St. Thomas day which we are in port until 8pm. So who knows.. not too worried but think it can be fun.

As far as March Madness - this may be a benefit for us. We aren't basketball fans and not that heavily into sports so if that draws groups to one area, that will be super easy to avoid.

But yah, probably a bit crazier than normal. Booking months ago... so wasn't thinking obviously ;)

St Paddy's falls on our St. Thomas day which we are in port until 8pm. So who knows.. not too worried but think it can be fun.

As far as March Madness - this may be a benefit for us. We aren't basketball fans and not that heavily into sports so if that draws groups to one area, that will be super easy to avoid.

But yah, probably a bit crazier than normal. Booking months ago... so wasn't thinking obviously ;)

I told my wife she can have fun in st Thomas without me. I'm watching basketball. Haha. Just kidding.

I told my wife she can have fun in st Thomas without me. I'm watching basketball. Haha. Just kidding.

LOL Nice! I am excited to be in port so late!! I can sleep in that day too. Enjoy MM!

We've cruised twice in March out of Fort Lauderdale and LOVED it... it was spring break and Carnival for the Brazilians - so they came cruising to get away from the madness at home with all the Carnival celebrations.

Nice, I bet they were fun :)

Hope it's not a crazy Spring Break obnoxious time.

Wasn't really thinking too much about it except I just saw two friends post on FB who are on Liberty of the Seas and said it was crazy. His details were colorful lol. His is a 5 day cruise tho.

Ours is an 8 day cruise so I am hoping less Spring Break college crazy?

Oi!! Should I be worried or am I over thinking.

We sailed the Breeze on a 8 day cruise a couple of years ago this week. I thought we would escape spring break but we didn't since each part of the country has spring break at a different time. All I can say be prepared for a lot of kids on board!!

We will never cruise around spring break again.