How much walking/climbing at Blue Hole?

GAK9

Can anyone give me some insights on how much walking and climbing is involved? My understanding is the parking lot is at the top, but you will have to walk/climb back up once you jump in the water.

That is correct. The parking lot is at the top. You walk down some primitive stairs to the water. From there, the guide will lead you over and around the rocks to get to the various jumping points. Once you are done, you walk the stairs back up to the parking area.

This place is fabulous! It is beautiful and off the beaten path. It is not touristy like Duns River Falls. You will not get beat to death by vendors. We love the place.

If you are asking about the walking/climbing because you are worried about it, let me tell you our experience. My husband has MS. He is able to do most anything we do. He has trouble with his left leg lifting it up. When he walks he swings it around a bit. Most people would not even notice unless they know him. He walks the stairs at home and at work daily. His trouble is with uneven ground. We called and spoke to Peat Taylor who we have used 7 times while in Jamica. He thought my husband would be fine.

When we got there, we looked and he tried. But he just couldn't do it safely. The walking climbing is over uneven ground. The "stairs" are basically cut out levels of the ground. They are not wooded or concrete. There are no railings to hold on to.

Please do not take this as we were upset. We new going that it would be hard and maybe not possible for my husband. These are things we are learning to deal with because this part of his MS is new. My boys and I climbed and jumped off at every level. I am over weight and out of shape. I was not easy but I was able to do it with out much help from the guides.

On a positive not for my husband, he did enjoy the view and was able to watch us. When we got to the bottom he climbed in and swam with us for a little while. This was the first time he was not able to join us on something and I was so proud of how he handled it. I think I would have gone and cried.