For those who have had cruises cancelled before...

eminence_front

We cancelled a cruise and rebooked because Carnival would not give us a price reduction before final payment. It took 3 weeks and that was after we called and bugged them about it. So don't give up on them they will keep the money as long as they can. Cindy

With 10,000+ cancellations, notifications, rebookings and refunds, be patient and understanding of the job they have.

LOL, that's just 1 weeks worth of cruisers to contact,.... they probably have closer to 200,000 calls to make alone... it could likely take just a little while... I cannot even imagine the life of a PVP right now :eek:

GoinCruisin. Of course you're right. I just threw out a number off the top of my head. Will try to be more careful with my figures in the future. LOL

LOL! I was trying to crunch the numbers, and just couldn't imagine all those dang phone calls!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the irrate customers :(

What I found silly is when I rebooked our cancelled cruise on the 10/09 Elation, the cruise I rebooked was cheaper (shorter) and they couldn't just credit my ship n sail account. No, they have to send me a refund. Then I can turn around and call and have it added on as a credit to my ship n sail account (fun ship dollars). You would think they could streamline the process a little bit, but from what the PVP said is there is a different department for each phase of the transaction.:confused: Oh well, hope to seem my refund by my cruise date....:D

Archived