car rental on St. Kitts

Glovie

Has anyone had good luck renting a car within easy walking distance of Porte Zante? I am looking to book in January 2016, but Avis is already booked and Thrifty is supposedly closed. The last time I was there I went on a wild goose chase only to find closed offices, but finally found someone willing to privately rent his car. I would like to avoid this waste of time and energy.

Edited by Glovie

• 2 weeks later...

Avis is within walking distance from the port area. I would taxi to the others-Hertz, Bullseye and Thrifty's new location. There are other locally operated rental place but I do not remember them now.

• 4 weeks later...

It is about 1.25 miles from the port area. As you leave the ship, walk straight ahead until you get to the street called the Bay Road. Turn right and continue walking along the Bay Rd about a mile. You will walk past Avis on your left & Hertz on your right on your way to Thrifty. Thrifty will be on your left. They have a sign.

It is about 1.25 miles from the port area. As you leave the ship, walk straight ahead until you get to the street called the Bay Road. Turn right and continue walking along the Bay Rd about a mile. You will walk past Avis on your left & Hertz on your right on your way to Thrifty. Thrifty will be on your left. They have a sign.

Thanks very much for the info Paul!!

• 1 year later...