Dress Code for Main Dinning Room?

TexasAggie2014

I am 23 years old and this will be my 5th cruise so I have some experience, but the last one I went on was like 6 or 7 years ago and I cant remember if we have to wear slacks or khakis every night or if I could wear jeans and a collard shirt? I know there are two formal nights (I will be wearing a suit).

Can my girlfriend also wear jeans and nice top or does it have to be a dress every night?

I am 23 years old and this will be my 5th cruise so I have some experience, but the last one I went on was like 6 or 7 years ago and I cant remember if we have to wear slacks or khakis every night or if I could wear jeans and a collard shirt? I know there are two formal nights (I will be wearing a suit).

Can my girlfriend also wear jeans and nice top or does it have to be a dress every night?

slacks or khakis and collared shirts for elegant nights. Carnival no longer calls it formal night.

Shorts and polos for the rest of the nights.

Bill

From Carnival's FAQs:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants.

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: cut-off jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, shorts, t-shirts, sportswear, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

As you can see, it's quite casual.

You'll be fine with what you have described.

DH wore "dress" (read: nice, dark wash, pressed) jeans every night, as did I along with a collared shirt. Nobody said anything.

The only time I saw them say anything to anybody was when a guy tried to enter wearing a shirt with a curse word on it (his shirt read "**** the luck. It's called THE HUSTLE!" and had some kind of hoody gangster type character on it).