Bungee Cord Needed On The Jewel Of The Seas?

awm

I've read in other threads about the need for a bungee cord and a magnet in order to keep the balcony door open. It seems that the magnet is needed to 'trick' the A/C into thinking the balcony door is closed.

Is this needed on the Jewel of the Seas?

I've read in other threads about the need for a bungee cord and a magnet in order to keep the balcony door open. It seems that the magnet is needed to 'trick' the A/C into thinking the balcony door is closed.

Is this needed on the Jewel of the Seas?

There is no bungee cord needed on the Jewel of the Seas to keep the balcony door open. It´s sliding doors and they can be locked in every position.

The magnet thing for the A/C is a fairy tale I´ve read on these boards several times. I can´t comment on other cruise lines or on all ships, but the ships I´ve been on there has been absolutely no connection between the balcony door and the air condition. The air condition will work with the balcony door open but if it´s hot and humid outside the air condition is often not strong enough to kep the room cool and comfortable with the balcony door wide open not speaking about environmental issues. I´m not going into this discussion but the magnet is useless.

The bungee cord thing comes from the carnival ships. Their balcony doors are hinged and swing open, so you need some kind of stop or bungee cord to hold them open. I too, have not heard the magnet thing, but on the Carnival Conquest,as well as all the RCI ships we have sailed, there was no need, the a/c worked fine with the door opened or closed.

Archived