Equinox cabin 2149 - any recent pictures or reviews?

TBsea4

Hello everyone!

Super excited as I've recently booked the 10 day Ultimate Caribbean on the Celebrity Equinox for Feb 2016! This will be our third cruise with Celebrity. Our first Celebrity cruise (and our introduction to cruising) was back in 1999 aboard the Mercury. Our second Celebrity cruise is coming up this May on the Summit to Bermuda. With this terrible cold winter and the 123Go promo - I could not resist booking the Equinox for next Feb. :cool:

I was able to book CC cabin 2149. I'm happy about the shade on the balcony and it being on the same deck as the pools.

I have searched on this forum and on the internet to find some more recent pictures of this cabin/balcony- or one of it's "sister" cabins/balconies on another S class ship. I've only been able to come across one picture from the balcony of 2149 and from that picture it appears that the view from above is obstructed by the overhang. Also, from the deck plans - I can't tell if the cabin is below the Oceanview bar or the Oceanview Cafe. From pictures of the ship - it looks like we are in between both.

I just want to get an idea of what to expect in terms of noise from above and the view from the balcony. And if anyone has anything else to share about this cabin or the ship - please do!

Thanks so much!

Suzanne

Hello everyone!

Super excited as I've recently booked the 10 day Ultimate Caribbean on the Celebrity Equinox for Feb 2016! This will be our third cruise with Celebrity. Our first Celebrity cruise (and our introduction to cruising) was back in 1999 aboard the Mercury. Our second Celebrity cruise is coming up this May on the Summit to Bermuda. With this terrible cold winter and the 123Go promo - I could not resist booking the Equinox for next Feb. :cool:

I was able to book CC cabin 2149. I'm happy about the shade on the balcony and it being on the same deck as the pools.

I have searched on this forum and on the internet to find some more recent pictures of this cabin/balcony- or one of it's "sister" cabins/balconies on another S class ship. I've only been able to come across one picture from the balcony of 2149 and from that picture it appears that the view from above is obstructed by the overhang. Also, from the deck plans - I can't tell if the cabin is below the Oceanview bar or the Oceanview Cafe. From pictures of the ship - it looks like we are in between both.

I just want to get an idea of what to expect in terms of noise from above and the view from the balcony. And if anyone has anything else to share about this cabin or the ship - please do!

Thanks so much!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne - this is an older Cruise Critic thread, but may have some useful information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1133655

This is a post from another source.

http://www.us.cruise.co/cruise-reviews/celebrity-cruises/celebrity-equinox/read-review-48466/

Edited by MarKay525

Hello everyone!

Thanks so much!

Suzanne

We were in 2151 on the Equinox for our 12 night Mediterranean cruise in October 2013. I think it is right next door to your cabin. Ours was an S1 - corner aft suite. We are going on a Baltic cruise this May on the Silhouette and specifically chose a cabin one deck down because the noise from above was aggravating in the early morning hours. They were moving chairs around to get ready for the breakfast crowd, and they constantly scraped them across the floor. This would sometimes be as early as 5 am. My husband is a sound sleeper and it bothered him only a few times - I heard it every morning. It wasn't horrible enough to ruin our cruise - nothing could do that! As a matter of fact, we almost chose the same locaton for our upcoming cruise because we loved that there was no one above us when we were on our balcony. But you are far enough out, so, with this information, I would think about it some more.

• 5 months later...

A very belated post - but I just wanted to say thank you for both posters pointing me in the right direction! Cabin 2112 - "on the hump" became available and I was able to have my TA switch cabins! No benefits lost and I'm now on the hump - so I'm a happy camper! :D