Transfer FLL to H.INN/Port of Miami..?

stacyinpa

Hello cruise friends.....

Once again I need advice.....Trent can you take one more...lol

I am flying into FLL on Dec 17th for our Dec 18th cruise on the Victory. I have been trying to search for those who have used Limos, Van service, taxi service...etc.

I am wondering if its better to reserve on in advance..Larrys Limo or TriCounty (waiting on quotes) or if its less hassle to grab a taxi right there at the airport (arrival)....and grabbing a taxi at the port when we return.

Why I am confused is beyond me......I guess I wanted to know what everyone else did and how it turned out. Are they really there to pick you up with a sign that has your name on (private company)?

Tell me where to start as I put the finishing touches to finalize this cruise in motion. ALSO--I read about the Sail Aweigh from the HI in Port of Miami....I am booked there for a pre nite stay......would this be worthwhile getting into the airport at 505 PM on the 17th? Or am I better getting something at Marketplace? Confused yet----lol

Thanks so much, I appreciate the help/tips.

Stacy

waljs@verizon.net

A taxi from FLL to downtown Miami would be both expensive and uncomfortable. You can usually get a TownCar for what a taxi would cost you. The least expensive way is usually to rent a car, but if you don't want that hassle then go for Tri-County's or Larry's limo service, or Tri-County's van service.

I don't know what you get with that Holiday Inn package, but if your flight is scheduled in at 5:05pm I wouldn't count on getting down into the hotel much before 7pm. Keep in mind FLL is notorious for flight delays too, and that's the start of Christmas week so who knows how late your flight will really be. I don't know what's included in that package, but keep that in mind so you know if you'll get your money's worth out of it or not. Personally I would probably just walk across to Bayside Marketplace and grab something to eat there.

Is the sailaway package that includes the sightseeing cruise? If so, I read a previous review where someone else had taken that later in the evening and said it wasn't worth it because it was too dark to see anything.:rolleyes: So that might be something to keep in mind since your flight isn't scheduled to get in until 5:05. But I think you can get drink coupons instead? If you got a decent rate on the room, I would probably keep the reservation since the package includes breakfast too.

TrentS - we're booked on this package in November and my sister wants to try Gloria Estefan's restaurant (name escapes me at the moment) Is this a safe walk at night? thanks!

Oh okay... That one is actually part of the American Airlines Arena... Yeah, it's a short walk from the Holiday Inn, and is safe enough with normal precautions. I wouldn't go off alone, but as long as you stay together as a group you should be fine.

Bongos Cuban Cafe... http://www.bongoscubancafe.com/miami/index_miami.html

Hello cruise friends.....

Once again I need advice.....Trent can you take one more...lol

I am flying into FLL on Dec 17th for our Dec 18th cruise on the Victory. I have been trying to search for those who have used Limos, Van service, taxi service...etc.

I am wondering if its better to reserve on in advance..Larrys Limo or TriCounty (waiting on quotes) or if its less hassle to grab a taxi right there at the airport (arrival)....and grabbing a taxi at the port when we return.

Why I am confused is beyond me......I guess I wanted to know what everyone else did and how it turned out. Are they really there to pick you up with a sign that has your name on (private company)?

Tell me where to start as I put the finishing touches to finalize this cruise in motion. ALSO--I read about the Sail Aweigh from the HI in Port of Miami....I am booked there for a pre nite stay......would this be worthwhile getting into the airport at 505 PM on the 17th? Or am I better getting something at Marketplace? Confused yet----lol

Thanks so much, I appreciate the help/tips.

Stacy

waljs@verizon.net

At great risk of the anti BC board police slamming me - I would recommend contacting http://www.bcsexpress.com - call him on his cell and he will give you a price - I can assure you he is reasonable and reliable.

Ron

Hey Thanks for the help. I will check all avenues.

ABOUT the rental car...are they right at the ft lauderdale airport and how do you go about returning it after the cruise, or do you retirn it before a cruise and get another one when you come back? I am trying to figure out how to do that w the rental car. ?

Thanks--Stacy

Yes, the rental cars at FLL are right at the airport, in the new Car Rental Center, which is a large parking garage in the middle of the airport terminals.

Most people return them on the morning of their cruise either at MIA or at a downtown office if the company you rent from has one. Many rental car companies will then shuttle you to the Port of Miami.

You could keep it during the cruise and return it back to FLL when you leave, but keep in mind if you do that you'll have to pay $12 per day to park at the port, plus you'll still be paying for the car rental while it's parked. It would be more convenient if you don't mind paying for it to sit there. If you return it before the cruise though, yes you can get another one after the cruise. Again, many rental car companies will shuttle you from the port to their facility.

Archived