Rocky Shores at Paradise Beach??

Olwyn

Hey Everyone!

So what gives here? We really want to visit PB on our cruise stop...but are really into 'wading' and swimming...are there lots of 'slippery rocks' just off shore?? :confused:

What is the 'real truth' here?

Thanks so much!

Olwyn :)

I was at PB on 8/26. I found that there were rocks in the water in several areas: 1) pier to dolpin statue (I knew about this area being rocky) 2) dolphin statue all the way over to in front of the trampoline (didn't think it was going to be rocky based upon reviews). Areas 1 and 2 account for at least 3/4 of available beach. Area 3 immediately in front of iceberg was sandy from beach into the water.

When we arrived there were no seats available except closer to the pier. It was a long walk to get to the sandy part. Don't attempt to enter before the iceberg as you can't see the rocks and will land on your butt. I did twice. 11, 10 and 6 yr olds were not happy on entering the water with rocks but were too lazy to walk all the way over to the iceberg area each time.

We were at Paradise Beach last week (Aug. 31st). We were real surprised by the rocky entrance. Couldn't see the rocks when we first walked in. Surprised alot of people. I would not attempt to walk out without a float to hold yourself up with. Stubbed my toe pretty good. Left a bruise. But don't let this stop you from going there. Other than the rocks, the place is awesome.

We were there in March and I don't remember any rocks although I myself did not swim there. All three kids were all over the beach and water area from where they have the the kayaks to the jet ski rentals, on the tramp and on the iceberg and never mentioned anything about rocks. There we not a lot of people there that day - felt like we had the beach to ourselves. We thought it was a great beach to spend a few hours at with a drink in hand.

I was down by the pier. When I read "rocks" before my cruise, I thought people meant that there were some large pebbles and such. But what I found were basically submerged boulders. You can walk on them, but you have to be VERY careful and watch where you step. If you slip or step in a crevice, you can easily sprain, if not break, an ankle.

The good news is that the rocks go out maybe 20 feet from the shoreline. After that, it's a sandy bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived