QM2: hairdryers?

gracecarmo

How are the hairdryers on the QM2? I usually bring my own, as on previous cruises (other lines) the hairdryers are really not to my liking...ie the handle gets so hot you can't hold it.

In the cabin itself, is there a plug outlet for a dryer?

Grace

My wife found the dryer was fine for her relatively short hair. The handle did not get hot. The flex length was adequate. It might not be good for hard fast drying.

There are 240v and 110v plugs at the dressing table so you could easily use your own dryer.

Grace

I always take my own hairdryer as I find the ones usually provided in hotels and on the ships (liners) are not good enough to dry my hair. I would also liken them to using a black and decker dustbuster to do a Dyson job!!!!!! They are OK depending on the job in hand!! I shall be taking most of my own stuff a) because I am not restricted on my luggage, and b) because it is what I am used to.

BTW, not even brought the suitcases in yet. Collecting tickets on Friday. I cannot believe I am so laid back about it all. I've got butterflies, but I think it's because I am getting so excited about this trip after waiting approx 16 months for it!! Must think about getting them suitcases in at some point this week. Also still shopping for new underwear (why do us women do that when we are about to go on holiday) and shoes!!! Only 12 more nights sleep in my own bed - yippee!!!!!

Elaine

Elaine: your countdown is on! For us, we are at the 4 week countdown. (going to NYC for pre cruise).

I already have my hairdryer packed...thanks for the info. Now to get all the "meds" in order.

Thankfully, Tom's back problems have subsided, but NO heavy lifting for him, and that includes his suitcase. So far, all he has packed is his tux.

Grace

Hi Grace

So Tom won't be carrying you over the threshold of your cabin then ;) !!

Just been down to Boots to stock up on medicines for every eventuality!! Now £60 worse off after buying cough medicine for chesty cough, cough medicine for dry cough, day and night cold and flu treatment (for all of us), Soluble paracetomol (for Tom), Nurofen (for Nat and I), paracetomol you can break up into little bits (for Craig because he can't swallow them whole)!! Stugeron (bargain they were on 3 for 2)!!!! Indigestion remedies!!!!! Imodium (well have to be prepared for every eventuality)!!!!!

When you say 4 weeks it sounds so far away. I personally would suggest that you pack your own hairdryer as you know that you do your hair with it. So many times I've tried using the ones in hotels and they just don't do my hair the same. I've just discovered some hair product called Caviar. I used it the other day at my sister in laws and it did my hair lovely and it felt soft and shined, so I need to buy some of that before I go away too. Apparently it is for hair that is aeging!! So that's why it feels like straw!!

Still haven't got the suitcases in!!

Elaine

Archived