Brilliance of the Seas Sauna and Steamroom

Is it open to everyone? Or will you need to buy a pass to get in? I know some of the newer ships you need to purchase a Thermal Suite pass (or something similar) to gain access to the area.

Is it open to everyone? Or will you need to buy a pass to get in? I know some of the newer ships you need to purchase a Thermal Suite pass (or something similar) to gain access to the area.

As far as I know it is still open to everyone.

If you want access to the sauna and steam room that is located in the thermal spa you have to buy a pass.

There are sauna's and steam rooms in the bathrooms in the spa area that you can get into for free.

• 1 year later...

Probably just repeating whats already posted ... but I just came from the Brilliance of the Seas and thoroughly enjoyed having a Thermal Spa pass for the cruise! I loved the heated loungers, the mild & hot steam rooms and the tropical shower. I didn't care much for the aromatherapy room ... not sure if the scent just didn't suit me or if it just wasn't supper comfy seating. Personally I would enjoy aromatherapy in the area with the heated loungers, but I'm guessing since other guests might not all enjoy the same scents, this isn't a viable option.

In the changing/locker/shower area which serves the entire spa and fitness area there was a sauna and a steam room in the Ladies area and I would assume separately in the men's area ... and you can access those just to change for the gym ... so as far as I know anyone can use them with no additional expense. I'm sure they are mainly intended for use before or after a workout ... but that's not a requirement. The main drawback with these is that a male/female couple could not enjoy the sauna/steam facilities together ... you'd each be in your own separate area.

• 3 weeks later...

Heer is a little description of the Brilliance of the seas fitness area.

The gym is nice. It has all the usual equipment by lifefitness. Weigh machines, benches, universal with pull up bar, and lots of cardio equipment. It has a full assortment of dumbbells up to 75 lbs. As with most ships there are no barbells. There is a large area in the middle with a hardwood floor look. It's great for stretching and has yoga mats and foam rollers. This area is also used for some classes too so it can get crowded.

There are separate men's and women's change rooms. These are not well used because most gym goers are not aware they exist. The change rooms are not on the same level as the gym. They are one level down within the spa. There is no charge to use the change rooms or the facilities in the change rooms. I can only comment on the men's change rooms but I assume the women's area is the same.

The men's change room is made of of two separate rooms. The outer room has lockers, benches, a dressing mirror and a single use bathroom, and towels. If you want to lock your locker you can borrow a key from the spa desk I assume it's no charge. Most people just leave there valuables in their cabin and don't bother locking the locker.

The inner room has showers, a dry sauna, a steam room , a few benches, a dreasing mirror, towels, towel hooks and a fountain. The showers are along the left wall and the sauna along the right wall. With the steam room is on an angle in the back right corner.

There are 4 showers. 2 on each side of the fountain. The showers are designed in a "c" shape with the open part of the "c" facing each other. There is a small shared entrance way for the two showers. Because of the shape there is no need for a curtain or door. The showers have a nice rain fall shower head with adaquate pressure. I found the water too cool but I do like very hot showers so most people would be fine. The showers have liquid soap and shampoo.

The dry sauna in directly across from the fountain. It has a solid clear glass door. There are two levels of benches in a "u" shape. The door is in the open part of the "u"The sauna can comfortably hold 6 people. The temperature is perfect. The sauna is well lit.

The steam room is also in a "c" shape, like the showers. There is a glass door in the open part of " c". I'm not sure if the door is tinted or it just looks that way because of the dim lighting inside. The steam room door is on a slight angle in the back corner on the right side of the room. Inside there are two benches, one on each side of the door. There is a heating unit at the back between the benches. Each bench can seat 3 if you sit close together. Because of the position of the door there is some light coming in from out side. Which is good because the steam room has only a tiny light coming from the ceiling. The dim lighting is designed to look like stars in the ceiling. It's very relaxing. It takes a few moments for your eyes to adjust to the dim lighting so be cautious entering. Exiting is not a problem because you can see clearly out the door into the outer room. The temperature is perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wilcan...thanks for such a great description ..i have been on Brilliance 2 or 3 times and am still discovering new parts of a nice mud-sized ship. I will be on her 17 April for her spring crossing.:)

Heer is a little description of the Brilliance of the seas fitness area.

The gym is nice. It has all the usual equipment by lifefitness. Weigh machines, benches, universal with pull up bar, and lots of cardio equipment. It has a full assortment of dumbbells up to 75 lbs. As with most ships there are no barbells. There is a large area in the middle with a hardwood floor look. It's great for stretching and has yoga mats and foam rollers. This area is also used for some classes too so it can get crowded.

There are separate men's and women's change rooms. These are not well used because most gym goers are not aware they exist. The change rooms are not on the same level as the gym. They are one level down within the spa. There is no charge to use the change rooms or the facilities in the change rooms. I can only comment on the men's change rooms but I assume the women's area is the same.

The men's change room is made of of two separate rooms. The outer room has lockers, benches, a dressing mirror and a single use bathroom, and towels. If you want to lock your locker you can borrow a key from the spa desk I assume it's no charge. Most people just leave there valuables in their cabin and don't bother locking the locker.

The inner room has showers, a dry sauna, a steam room , a few benches, a dreasing mirror, towels, towel hooks and a fountain. The showers are along the left wall and the sauna along the right wall. With the steam room is on an angle in the back right corner.

There are 4 showers. 2 on each side of the fountain. The showers are designed in a "c" shape with the open part of the "c" facing each other. There is a small shared entrance way for the two showers. Because of the shape there is no need for a curtain or door. The showers have a nice rain fall shower head with adaquate pressure. I found the water too cool but I do like very hot showers so most people would be fine. The showers have liquid soap and shampoo.

The dry sauna in directly across from the fountain. It has a solid clear glass door. There are two levels of benches in a "u" shape. The door is in the open part of the "u"The sauna can comfortably hold 6 people. The temperature is perfect. The sauna is well lit.

The steam room is also in a "c" shape, like the showers. There is a glass door in the open part of " c". I'm not sure if the door is tinted or it just looks that way because of the dim lighting inside. The steam room door is on a slight angle in the back corner on the right side of the room. Inside there are two benches, one on each side of the door. There is a heating unit at the back between the benches. Each bench can seat 3 if you sit close together. Because of the position of the door there is some light coming in from out side. Which is good because the steam room has only a tiny light coming from the ceiling. The dim lighting is designed to look like stars in the ceiling. It's very relaxing. It takes a few moments for your eyes to adjust to the dim lighting so be cautious entering. Exiting is not a problem because you can see clearly out the door into the outer room. The temperature is perfect.

• Like 1