Poor customer service re: drinks package question

It's amazing what they tell you when you call Royal Caribbean customer service. Somehow this came up when I was modifying my package: I was basically informed that that "yes, you can purchase a drink package with at least four days left, but we don't recommend it since you pay FOR THE ENTIRE CRUISE". Called back to "confirm"--was told that it was true; asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on. Called a THIRD time and was told that this was incorrect.

I understand that you cannot pick and chose days but it would be completely illogical to pay for previous days.

I DO believe that it was incorrect, but can someone please confirm EITHER of the two following scenerios:

1. You HAVE purchased midcruise and had no issues paying only remaining days

2. You pre-purchased replenish and upgraded to premium or ultimate with no problem-- and did not lose the money already paid.

Thanks!!

For question 1, yes you can order during the cruise and pay for ALL of the REMAINING days. You don't have to pay for all the days you haven't used or there would be no point in them putting a 4 day limit in the first place. :)

From RCCL website (badly written but how and ever)

bev.png

For question 2, anytime I've seen all inclusive packages offered, the small print has always said that you can upgrade onboard. You just pay the extra.

For question 1, yes you can order during the cruise and pay for ALL of the REMAINING days. You don't have to pay for all the days you haven't used or there would be no point in them putting a 4 day limit in the first place. :)

From RCCL website (badly written but how and ever)

bev.png

For question 2, anytime I've seen all inclusive packages offered, the small print has always said that you can upgrade onboard. You just pay the extra.

Thanks-- and I have seen the information for question #1, but it also states this on the website:

Q: How can I purchase the all-inclusive package?

A: You may purchase a package before you sail, online at RoyalCaribbean.com/PreCruisePlanner. Or you may purchase it onboard, on the first day of your cruise. Ask at any bar for more information, or look out for a table setup promoting the packages once you board.

Thanks-- and I have seen the information for question #1, but it also states this on the website:

Q: How can I purchase the all-inclusive package?

A: You may purchase a package before you sail, online at RoyalCaribbean.com/PreCruisePlanner. Or you may purchase it onboard, on the first day of your cruise. Ask at any bar for more information, or look out for a table setup promoting the packages once you board.

Yep, all they are saying is that you CAN purchase it on the first day of your cruise. But you can purchase it on the 2nd, 3rd etc day as well once there are 4 days left. I certainly have seen them on sale on board during a cruise and there is NO WAY anyone would purchase them if they were not prorated - they are just about worth purchasing in the first place - no-one could make them worth the cost if they paid full whack in the middle of a cruise.

I never said that any of this made sense!!! (LOL) Many things that these lines do makes little sense.

But it is contradictory and I don't want to get to day 2 or 3 and find out that I had an issue, so thanks for clarifying "the reality".

I never said that any of this made sense!!! (LOL) Many things that these lines do makes little sense.

But it is contradictory and I don't want to get to day 2 or 3 and find out that I had an issue, so thanks for clarifying "the reality".

Hope someone else can confirm the reality too, don't just take my word for it - way I see it these things even change from ship to ship!

I was getting coffee on the Liberty in November at the coffee shop on my last day of the cruise. The person in front of me bought the drink package and paid $55.

The rules do say at least 4 days left, but let's be honest they are not going to turn money away.