Coral Breeze stingray/shark tour

momma3

What a blast! We just returned from the Carnival Elation sailing 8/21/05 and the definate highlight was our snorkeling trip with Coral Breeze (Coralbreeze.com). The tour crew was friendly and funny and they really kept us laughing. We are a family of five and had booked our 8 year old and 5 year old as observers only. When we got to the coral reef sight our youngest two did so well with the snorkel gear that the crew allowed them to come along with us at no additional charge.

At the stingray sight one of our guides picked up a stingray and gently held it at the surface of the water so everyone could touch and feel it. Great giant stingrays swam all around us, bumping our legs occasionally. They don't sting while swimming and they know they are there to be fed.

The crew gave us bags of water (never seen that before) which were ice cold and refreshing. Our lunch on the island was very good and our 10 year old son was thrilled to see iguana roaming freely.

I can not say enough good things about the Coral Breeze tour. The crew was professional and knowledgeable. We felt safe and well taken care of. Also, the owner Paul very generously gave my husband a free trip when he learned that this cruise was to celebrate my husband's returning home from a year of military service in Iraq.

Hmmm...

Made, I don't know what your gripe is, but you posted the same slam on Coral Breeze on topics discussing three totally different excursions. What, in fact, was your actual excursion with them?

we booked with them, they had engine problems, were late to begin the trip, hassled the women, and overcharged us..........i would not recommend them:eek:

So, it looks like while you were in Belize you took THREE tours run by Coral Breeze at the same time and had problems on each of them?

:confused:

We just got back from the Elation 9/4/05 and did the snorkel/sting ray tour. It was absolutely incredible. We snorkled around the reef for 45 minutes and then went to a different spot with the sting rays and sharks. It was a great experience. My 3 and 5 year old even got in with the sting rays and my 10 and 12 year old did the whole thing and loved every minute. The crew was fabulous and the tour was as well. The meal was great too. I would recommend them 100%.

Hi,

We are considering booking the same excursion with Coral Breeze. I was wondering how long in total you would say you were in the water. You indicated "We snorkled around the reef for 45 minutes and then went to a different spot with the sting rays and sharks."

(1) How long were you at the spot with the sting rays and sharks.

I guess my hesitation is that for a 5 hour excursion it looks like you only snorkel 45 minutes.

(2) Did you feel slighted. . . or was there other things to do, snorkeling etc. at the Caulker Cay place. I just love to snorkel and would stay in the water 4 hours if allowed.

(3) How crowded was your excurssion?

Susky, please explain further as in why it appears that you've taken 3 excursions with Coral Breeze on the same day. Just seems very odd that complaints like "hassled the women" aren't all over the board if that is the case.

Archived