Luggage Question?

Longboysfan

The Wife asked me if we should bring an empty or semi empty suitcase on our February trip. For dirty clothes. This is a 12 day cruise.

I said yes we should do that.

What I was just thinking of was using a medium sized storage tote.

The ones you use to pack away clothes in and stack.

Just put our name on it and tape it down.

Send the shoes, hair dryer, other bulky items in it down. Fill it with bubble wrap or line it with some carpet backet to buffer it for the trip on the airline and then to the ship.

On the way back re-work it for dirty items and such and the bulk.

Watching the weight limit.

Hey - they are only $10 for two of them up here.

Thoughts..... Size is about 18 inches high by two foot long by about 16 inches wide.

We actually bought a collapsable plastic suitcase on board one cruise. It zips in several places, has wheels (not terribly sturdy to pull though) and opens quite large. We take it in our checked luggage going & check it through full of dirty clothes & "junk", on the way home! It's pretty small when folded up & takes no room! It was I think $30 on the ship.

We actually bought a collapsable plastic suitcase on board one cruise. It zips in several places, has wheels (not terribly sturdy to pull though) and opens quite large. We take it in our checked luggage going & check it through full of dirty clothes & "junk", on the way home! It's pretty small when folded up & takes no room! It was I think $30 on the ship.

I think we have two of those types.

But we use those for carry bags on the trip.

They are not very sturdy.

Royal Caribbean sold 2 types - one with wheels - large but very awkward and the other a nylon duffel bag not quite as large but great for laundry and stuff and folds into the front pouch of a suitcase. Former was $30 and the latter was about $20 if I remember. On the other hand - on our just completed trip to Alaska, we saw people buying medium size rollerboards in Ketchikan for $20 bucks. Actually looked halfway decent but heck if they last one trip they would be much easier to handle than a nylon bag.

Just remember you are normally allowed 2 bags@ 50# each checked per person and one carryon + purse etc so the extra bag is going to be cheaper than being one pound overweight.

We also have laundry service aboard and that makes it much easier to pack as well

Archived