Ground transportation

Bobbyd68

Sailing on the Divina out of Miami on 4/22. What are the options for ground transportation from FLL airport to the port? Should I just fly into Miami? And, If my flight home is at 1030am will I make it the day of disembarkation?

Sailing on the Divina out of Miami on 4/22. What are the options for ground transportation from FLL airport to the port? Should I just fly into Miami? And, If my flight home is at 1030am will I make it the day of disembarkation?

We are on this same sailing Bobby!! If you have the option to fly into Miami International I would choose that option. You can take a cab from the airport to the Port Of Miami fairly inexpensively, also you would have a far better chance of making your 10:30 flight out of Miami than Fort Lauderdale.

I wouldn't call $80 cab from FLL to POM "fairly inexpensive". Cheaper option are private transportation companies. They are slower than cabs (as other pickups are more likely) & most need advance reservations but then fare is in $15pp ballpark. We used MJS http://gomjstrans.com; no issues but cell phone is needed to arrange pickup. Other option is GO shuttle that is affiliated with FLL (was $25pp in Dec 14).

I wouldn't call $80 cab from FLL to POM "fairly inexpensive". Cheaper option are private transportation companies. They are slower than cabs (as other pickups are more likely) & most need advance reservations but then fare is in $15pp ballpark. We used MJS http://gomjstrans.com; no issues but cell phone is needed to arrange pickup. Other option is GO shuttle that is affiliated with FLL (was $25pp in Dec 14).

I guess I should have clarified,,fly into Miami International and take a cab from there to the POM.

We used SAS from FLL hotel to POm and then return from POM to FLL. We were booked on a 10:30 return flight and made the flight no issues.

You have to ask yourself if you are willing to take the risk though. If any delay getting off the ship, through customs, waiting for other people to fill the shuttle, accident on route, crowded check-in, etc... you are putting yourself at real risk of missing the flight. Plus it is stressful to some to have to rush off the boat and to the airport hoping all goes well.

• 9 months later...