Chocolate Buffet

lizabet623

:D

Thanks for clarifying that. Now I'm really excited about going. Of course I was anyway ;)

From what I understand, is it in the afternoon around 2:00pm or do you remember what time it was. I definitately don't want to miss it

Thats the only page of our capers that is lost. But i know it starts either during lunch time or shortly after.

Thanks Wavecruiser!

I live on the east coast, but was born and raised in southern CA. My dad and stepmom still live there and said that if we get the airfare to get out there, they will pay our way on this cruise!! How can you pass up a deal like that?? LOL! This will be our VERY FIRST cruise. My dad and stepmom have been on quite a few, but we haven't. We aren't SURE when we are going (still trying to convince hubby that we can do it..lol):cool: , but I'm thinking probably the July 10th cruise will be the one we take. It will be my dad, stepmom, hubby, me and our two boys, ages (at that time) 11-1/2 yrs. and 8 yrs. old.

I cannot wait to read your review because I've found very little info and reviews for this particular cruise. I'll be very interested to read what you chose to do and all. I would love for you to PM me once the review is up, if you think of it.

Thanks,

Diana:D

My review is finally up...I don't think the PM feature is working. Do you have an e-mail address? Mine is rammgurl23@aol.com. Congrats on your first cruise!!!

When we were on the Miracle in Feb05 they did not have a buffet but instead had a chocolate fountain which they dipped fruit, donut holes and rum balls in. It was very good. It was on the last day during lunch on the Lido. I think all Carnival ships have the chocolate fountain. The following is something I found on Carnivals web site prior to our trip. It seems the only real choclate buffet is on the Conquest and Glory. I think the Chocolate fountain and buffet are different and sometimes get confused. We will be on the Conquest in Jan06 and will check it out. Either way I love chocolate!:D

By Wini Moranville

There’s only one thing better than chocolate — more chocolate. Savor the Chocolate Buffet on Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory. As every chocolate lover knows, Carnival serves up mouthwatering cruises. Diners always have a choice of at least one chocolate dessert for every lunch and dinner. But on Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory, the sweet news for chocolate lovers gets even sweeter. Both ships feature a Chocolate Buffet, where guests can indulge in a feast chock-full of their favorite flavor. The only trick is choosing where to begin—and end. With more than 30 desserts offered, it’s unlikely guests will get to sample all of them during the course of the cruise, though it would be tempting to try. There are cakes, of course, including glorious tortes accented with perfectly paired flavors—Pear-Chocolate Cake, Orange-Chocolate Gateau and Chocolate-Lemon Cake, to name a few. Love cheesecake? No Chocolate Buffet would be complete without a chocolate version. Those who like their chocolate cool and creamy can delight in ice cream with all kinds of chocolate toppings on a chocolate ice cream bar. Even the health conscious can indulge with a diet version of chocolate cake. And those trying to eat their five recommended servings of fruit and vegetables each day will appreciate the option of fruits on the buffet— dipped in chocolate syrup. Purists will find plenty of classics, including homemade chocolate fudge, chocolate truffles and chocolate pudding, while the more adventuresome can dig into one-of-a-kind creations dreamed up by Carnival’s talented pastry chefs, including Chocolate-Coconut Pouches or Semolina Pat-ties with Chocolate. Chocolate Pasta? Ever eat chocolate spaghetti? Corporate Executive Chef Peter Leypold says a recipe for it is in the works. The noodles are made of chocolate, with sauces of rum, coco-nut, nuts and … chocolate! Already, the buffet boasts platters laden with what appears to be chocolate sushi. Considering chocolate ranks as America’s favorite dessert flavor, it’s no surprise that this is a favorite buffet among Carnival guests. “We serve about 3,000 portions of chocolate desserts during the course of a day on Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory,” Leypold says. “About 80 per-cent of all guests onboard both ships visit the Chocolate Buffet.” Except for the ice cream, all desserts are made from scratch. It takes a battery of up to 20 highly trained pastry chefs on each ship—working around the clock—to create the sumptuous spreads. That means that chefs are measuring and mixing while guests are taking a dip in the pool or a stroll on the deck. They’re rolling and baking while guests are enjoying a Vegas-style revue, singing along at the piano bar or dancing the night away in one of the ship’s 20-plus lounges. In the wee hours, the chefs are still at work—frosting and adding the final flourishes to their creations—while the rest of the ship’s occupants sleep soundly with visions of tomorrow’s Chocolate Buffet dancing in their heads.

Sweet dreams indeed!

Archived