Solstice Tender Drop off location in Juneau

melsdt

Does anyone know where in Juneau the tender brings you? I am trying to decide which rental car company to use but its difficult without knowing where the tender will drop us off. I would appreciate any insight from others who have done this cruise and tendered. Thank you.

Tendering? Juneau? Solstice? :confused:

Never heard of any Celebrity ship tendering there unless some unforeseen maritime conditions exist.

I am pretty sure they have been tendering there every other sailing since around 2013.

May 15th. We are AMP on the harbor schedule so I know we are tendering despite what it says on Celebrity's itinerary.

You got it figure out, I was hoping you didn't have the dreaded AMP in Juneau.

This may not help much but the tender shore location is pretty close to the regular ports and not really all that much out of the way. :)

I am pretty sure they have been tendering there every other sailing since around 2013.

That's correct Mel. 50% tender and 50% dock or every other week in Juneau for Solstice.

Tendering? Juneau? Solstice? :confused:

Never heard of any Celebrity ship tendering there unless some unforeseen maritime conditions exist.

They have been tendering since the Solstice started going to Alaska in 2013.

They are tendering every other week.

In 2013 the tenders dropped us off at Marine Park, which is downtown. Believe that is the only tender dock.

You got it figure out, I was hoping you didn't have the dreaded AMP in Juneau.

This may not help much but the tender shore location is pretty close to the regular ports and not really all that much out of the way. :)

I was hoping too! But I found the port schedule after flights and other arrangements were already made so we will deal. If it actually leaves us in Marine Park as another poster mentioned, I can look on the map and see if the rental locations are walking distance. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I remember seeing Bus stop E just close to the tender drop off point. With the water behind you if you walked to the right it was 5 mins walk to the visitor centre and Juneau public library. ( you passed bus stops D, C, B and A on the way)