post-cruise, prefer hollywood bch.

puffer46

Iam already booked at the Holiday Inn Express for two day pre-cruise(2/4/06 Liberty cruise). What I'm wondering is if anyone can suggest something on the beach or across the street from the beach in Hollywood for two day post-cruise. Doesn't have to be 4* but would like something that is CLEAN and comfortable and with in a reasonable price. :p Just coming off an 8 day cruise with a 2 day pre-cruise. I'm not really looking for a $200.00-$300.00 a night room. Thanks for any help you can give me.

p.s. I would also like to send a special thanks for ALL the south florida residents who have given us "northerners" so much info. on hotels in ft. lauderdale and surrounding areas. We really appreciate it!!!!! Linda

The BRAND NEW Hollywood Beach Marriott is beautiful, their restaurant is getting rave reviews in the press. They were having an introductory rate special of $159 right now, unfortunately when I plug in the dates your interested in the most inexpensive room is $379 a night and doesn't even include taxes.

With that being said don't lose hope yet. Hollywood Beach boasts one of the nicests beaches in South Florida. Don't pass up any opportunity to stay on it. I'm familiar with a number of "mom & pop" efficiency hotels that are literally right on the beach. My first choice would be the Sea Downs, Tides or Beauganvilla all owned by the same family. All three are located next to each other. Sea Downs and Tides are beachfront, Beauganvilla is directly behind the Tides. They have heated pools, kitchenettes. They're clean and in a safe area.

Sea Downs http://www.seadowns.com/

Tides www.tideapartments.com

Beauganvilla www.bougainvilleahollywood.com

Walk About Beach Resort - Friends of mine bought this hotel as an investment. They gutted it completely and remodeled all of the rooms. It's a funky, art deco motel directly on the beach right next door to the Marriott. I love the tiki bar here, sipping ice cold Coronas, watching the cruise ships leave Port Everglades very, very relaxing. Its really a fun place to hang out. http://www.walkaboutbeachresort.com/index.htm

Here's an excellent link to other fine small lodging hotels on Hollywood Beach: http://www.visithollywood.org/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=Accommodations&keywords=BCH&next=0

Archived