Legend of the Seas Advice Please!

I have booked the Legend of the Seas for New Years this year. We went on the Voyager last New Years in a Grand Suite and loved it. This time we have booked the Royal Suite, but are just wondering if I have made the right decision as the reviews are not the best. We are a family who spends a lot of time in our cabin relaxing so the size of ship should not matter I Think!! Pros and cons would be very helpful.

Legend is a much smaller ship than Voyager and therefore doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the big ship.

There is no big promenade, no ice show, no flow rider.

Having said that I far prefer Legend.

It's more of a small intimate "old fashion" cruise ship. Big enough to have plenty of room and places to go. Big enough to not spend all your time with the same people. But small enough to be friendly.

The Concierge Lounge is lovely - not the inside box of the Voyager.

On Legend you can always see the ocean. On the Voyager I often felt that I was in a hotel rather than on a ship.

The bars were bigger so less crowded. I really like the Centrum.

The negatives - not as many kids activities (ie flowrider, huge arcade). There are less specialty restaurants (only Chops and Izumi).

Sure it's an older ship but nothing was old and ratty.

Much smaller crowd so the NYE party will not be as big.

I much prefer Legend.

Raina

We did New Year and Christmas cruise just gone great ship even without the whistles and bell. Bar service with the exception Of the Viking crown Lounge was pretty appalling. Lots of people complaining about lack of staff and lack of

trained staff and wait staff. We actually got 20% refund on our cruise from RCI.

So that was pretty good.

Stu K