Hotels in Rome

confused4now

Need your input.

Can anyone recommend a 4 star or 5 star hotel in Rome near the Spanish Steps other than the Intercontinentalwhich Oceania offers at $549 per person per night for a standard room and $649 per person per night for a Deluxe room?

We will be in Rome early June 06.

We stayed at the Eden, which is near the Spanish Steps but is very expensive.We also stayed at the Inn at the Spanish Steps which is right on the Via Condotti but surprisingly quiet with a lovely rooftop restaurant to have breakfast at.

Joan

Need your input.

Can anyone recommend a 4 star or 5 star hotel in Rome near the Spanish Steps other than the Intercontinentalwhich Oceania offers at $549 per person per night for a standard room and $649 per person per night for a Deluxe room?

We will be in Rome early June 06.

PER PERSON??? YIKES:eek:

okay try this:

http://www.venere.com

that is all hotels.. and lots of info w/ pictures

or book Intercontinental yourself

http://www.intercontinental.rome.ichotelsgroup.com/:)

Guest kcruisin

The hotel we stayed at was not near the Spanish Steps but about 2 blocks away from the Coliseum. It was listed as a "Boutique Hotel" by Oceania when we took the Sept. 2004 Rome to Barcelona cruise and we booked it through them. We LOVED the hotel. The rooms were lovely and they had a really good buffet breakfast every morning on the top floor and you could sit outside overlooking some charming apartments as well as the Coliseum. I do not think it is 4 or 5 star but we were very happy with it and it's location. It was an easy walk to the train station, the park nearby was lovely to walk through and there were a couple of really good local restraurants. Their web address is http://www.hotelcapodafrica.com and it looks like the price is around 260 euros a night.

• 2 weeks later...

For a very nice hotel that won't cost a fortune, take a look at the Hotel Ottocento. It's a short walk to the Spanish Steps, on a quiet side street. Great breakfast included with most rates. The standard room is quite nice. The concierge is wonderful and VERY helpful with whatever question or request you might have.

If you have trouble finding their website, let me know and I'll dig it out for you. (I had some trouble finding it myself.) I'm not home right now, and so I am not posting the website/email for the Ottocento with this message.

I also have the names/emails for a couple of great drivers who can take you to Civitavecchia or to/from airport for a reasonable cost. (Interestingly enough, it usually is cheaper to have a private driver to/from the airport in Rome than to take a taxi.) If you need to contact me: cruisemuse@yahoo.com

Mary Beth

We stayed at the Eden, which is near the Spanish Steps but is very expensive.We also stayed at the Inn at the Spanish Steps which is right on the Via Condotti but surprisingly quiet with a lovely rooftop restaurant to have breakfast at.

Joan

We also stayed at the Eden, and were very happy with it. The hotel has one of the best restaurants in Rome on the top level with views all over the city.

Over a $1,000 per night for a std. room in the Intercontinetal De la Ville???!!!!

Please!

I can highly recommend Hotel dei Mellini, a sister hotel of Hotel Capo d' Africa mentioned above. IMO it's better situated, on the other side of the Tiber river but short walk to Spanish steps, Piazza navona and Vatican.

website is http://www.hotelmellini.com

It's a lovely boutique hotel with very nice rooms and service. Depending on the time of year they offer very attractive rates. I suggest e-mailing the hotel for their best rates.

We stayed in the Excelsior on the Via Veneta which is only a few blocks from the Spanish Steps. The place is 5 star deluxe and our room was absolutely gorgeous - really over the top in decorative, italian decor including the magnificient bathroom. Felt like I was in a palace.

Jane

Following our TA on Mercury in 2004, we stayed at the StarHotel Michelangelo. It is a Four Star Hotel, TransTiber very near Vatican City. It cost 750 Euros for three nights including one dinner; although I would not recommend the restaurant. The room was large, with a good view and very well appointed and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Central Rome is not large, and a good guide book will be a big help to getting about on foot if it has decent maps. Lonely Planet is almost always good as is Rick Stevens.

Archived