Don't Know Who To Believe at Carnival

NCEdwards4

I know this is long, but I don't know how to explain without giving most of the facts. A group of us were scheduled to be on the Conquest in February, 2006. We all booked using different methods, 1 used a Carnival PVC, and the others, travel agents. Since the Conquest switched from New Orleans to Galveston, all of us have been in touch with Carnival as to what incentives are being offered. Because of the added expense to fly to Galveston, we have decided to select another cruise. I personally spoke with 2 Carnival PVC's who assured me that if we move our cruise to another Carnival cruise, the Valor, we would get a $100 per person credit on our sail and sign card. After numerous calls and many different answers, we figured it was between $50 and $100pp. However, when my travel agent finally changed me over, she was told that the $50 credit was only if we chose to stay on the Conquest. 2 other couples in my group who booked through another travel have been assured they received the credit. I called Carnival and was told that no one would speak to me, my travel agent had to call. She already called twice and since it affects my wallet, I wanted to get this taken care of. I called the first time and was hung up on by someone in their customer service department, I called back and was assured that the $50pp was there. She couldn't give me anything in writing, but said I should call her if I get on board and the $ isn't there. We have all received the run around and I don't want to wait another 6 months to get this clarified. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this resolved?

I know this is long so thanks for reading it.

Staying with Conquest will get you a $50 pp shipboard credit..trust me.......It's on their website...Print it out and take it with you and show the purser if you don't get credit.....You'll never know anyway until you get on board and see it on your account.....When we take groups and get 50 or 100 ship board credit for our perks, we never get anything in writing......but it ALWAYS shows up on our account when we get on board.:)

Thanks for the speedy replies. I don't think I was clear in my message. We have switched to the Valor from the Conquest. However, we were assured we would still receive the credit. In fact, in all of my calls to Carnival, they have told me I would get $100pp. I just want what is right and what others are receiving, $50pp and a straight answer! Thanks again!

Hey Newcastle (love the name and the beer), I am out money from the switch. When I booked the Conquest, Carnival was offering a sale. I am not complaining about the increase in cost though I am paying more for a lesser cabin. I will also pay $50pp to Delta for a change fee and an additonal $50pp b/c the price of that airfare is higher. When I called Carnival, they assured me that the credit was given to keep our business so we would not re-book with a competitor. I understand that my situation is not as serious as others, but it is incredibly frustating not be able to trust the Carnival reps. It's also frustrating for some lucky folks to receive the credit, but not others. I will enjoy the cruise regardless, but was merely asking for advice on how to get clarification from Carnival. Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

We have switched to the Valor from the Conquest. However, we were assured we would still receive the credit. In fact, in all of my calls to Carnival, they have told me I would get $100pp. I just want what is right and what others are receiving, $50pp and a straight answer! Thanks again!

Conquest was moved from NOLA to Galveston and you were offerd a credit for the change of ports...then you voluntarily switched to the Valor. Why should you receive a credit?

You are making yourself perfectly clear. If all parties that have changed their ships were told that they would not get their 50 or 100 credit you would have no problem. The problem lies with some getting the credit and some not. I could understand if none of the people received a credit for changing ships. A straight answer is always difficult to get. I love the answer "If you don't get your credit on the ship call me". That will carry a lot of weight at the port.

I believe also that it would be better customer service to offer the credit regardless. I believe if you were unable to make that port for whatever reason they would offer you some kind of credit on a future cruise. Probably the 50 to 100 dollars. This is just good PR. If they are looking for good customer relations this is a small price to pay.

Kudos to Carnival for doing their part in the Hurricane relief. My cruise was canceled on the Holiday over new years. I had to pay $150 more per person for same cruise on the Inspiration. With the $100 credit it was $50. I wish they would have just offered to swith my reservation for the same price. I had to change Cruise price and Travel costs to get to port.

Regardless I will give Carnival some slack after helping in the Crisis.

Todd

I was booked on the Holiday for next month. We called on Tuesday and transferred our reservation to the Triumph for NEXT Oct. (addit. travel/times, etc. just weren't going to work for us to switch ships right now) Going from an Inside to an Oceanview and it was less than $800 for the 4 of us plus the additional 2 days. When they emailed me my confirmation it noted the $400 onboard credit. Yes, we are waiting another year but it gives us something to look forward to and SAVE more! :)

I received a 100pp credit for transferring my booking from the conquest to the triumph. Since I was part of a group and the TA was unavailable (her office is in new orleans), I did have to jump through a few hoops to make it happen. When I first cancelled my conquest cruise and booked the triumph, I did not receive any kind of credit. I only learned about the credit a few days later from a posting on another message board. I then called ccl back to ask about it and was told that they are giving 100pp credits. They then applied it to my account and sent me an e-mail showing it. As far as people saying we are not entitled to anything. I agree to a point. For some of us, the cost / time of travelling to galveston instead of NO made the cruise on the conquest not worth it. In my case, I live in atlanta and driving to NO is a 1 day drive, galveston is an additional 375 miles so that would have meant 2 extra travel days, extra gas money and hotels. Basically not worth it. Since ccl treated me fair and allowed me to cancel my conquest cruise, I decided to book another cruise with them. I believe that they are giving the 100pp credit so people transfer to other ccl cruises instead of cancelling and then booking with competitors. I don't believe that any of us who transferred are 'entitiled' to anything, I do think though that it is a smart business move to entice people to transfer rather than just cancel. One note though, if you are booked as part of a group, you will have to be persistant, the pvps who answer the phone generally don't deal with groups so they can't see your booking info, they will have to transfer you to another dept. Just be patient and they will get you straightened out.

If you need to talk to Carnival but they won't talk to you because you used a TA ask your TA to set up a 3 way call with Carnival. We did this a couple of years ago because Carnival was trying to refuse to give us a price change before final payment. This way they know they are talking to your TA but you get to have a say in what is going on. It also assures you that your TA is doing what they say they are doing. Cindy

If you need to talk to Carnival but they won't talk to you because you used a TA ask your TA to set up a 3 way call with Carnival. We did this a couple of years ago because Carnival was trying to refuse to give us a price change before final payment. This way they know they are talking to your TA but you get to have a say in what is going on. It also assures you that your TA is doing what they say they are doing. Cindy

My TA always does the 3 way conference call when we book and if any changes are made. It seems to keep everyone "honest" that way.

Archived