Butler or roomservice

met195

Who should I request a iron & ironing board from, the steward or the butler?

For things you don't need urgently, just ask the first person you see out of the steward/butler/concierge set. For other things, just ask the butler or concierge if the butler is unavailable (concierge desk is typically manned the whole day).

You could also call the Pre-concierge desk to put one in your room already though. Do note that they typically claim they are in limited supply etc...

This reminds me of a funny story. My sis, niece and I were in our first suite on the POA. My sis had just taken a shower and we couldn't figure out how to turn the water off. DING DONG. It was our first meeting of our butler!! He went right into the bathroom and showed us how to turn it off (with my sis wrapped in a towel)! How he knew he was needed at just that time I will never know. It still gives us a good laugh. That was Thomas who is now the concierge on POA.

On our first cruise, we made the rookie "mistake" of calling room service to have a pizza delivered. Of course, it was delivered by the butler... With a request to call him next time. Lol.

Oh and regarding asking the butler to draw one's bath... I was quite impressed with the specialty bath menu in our suite on the Dawn! But did not avail of those services. Maybe next time.

We've sailed on the Dawn in suites 4 times and never seen the "speciality bath menu". When was your sailing? Will be sailing on the Dawn soon in an Owners Suite....will have to look for that!! Lol.

Who should I request a iron & ironing board from, the steward or the butler?

Hmmm, wonder if I need to bring my steamer this time? Most of my clothes is cotton or linen so they wrinkle like crazy! Wonder if the GV has one that stays there or if I'll have to ask for it, use it for all my clothes at once, be done with it and give it back.

Harriet

We've sailed on the Dawn in suites 4 times and never seen the "speciality bath menu". When was your sailing? Will be sailing on the Dawn soon in an Owners Suite....will have to look for that!! Lol.

Oct '13 and Oct '14. I believe it was on the bathroom door handle... It was pretty cool actually. They would apparently draw the bath, fill it with scented 'bath bombs'/ bath salts/ bubble bath, etc - and it also included a pitcher of some tropical fruity adult beverage. :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

Draw your bath? Lol come on really? Whose gonna ask the butler to "draw my bath please I'm to dumb to know how to turn on the faucet" or "draw my bath I want to feel like the queen of England for the week"

LOL that is to funny ..:D:D i was thinking the same here.

Thank everyone if needed we will call our butler then .:)