Best lines for young kids?

Imalinata

We just went on our first cruise (part of a larger family group) and had a fabulous time on the Oasis OTS. Now I'm fantasizing about being able to go on another cruise, but we live in CA so the airfare costs to get to the east coast are brutal. It doesn't look like Royal Caribbean has many cruises leaving from CA, and none from San Francisco (which would be ideal since it's so close to us although LA and San Diego would be fine too).

What other cruise lines would you recommend as being good for families with young kids? DD is 2 now, but I probably wouldn't be able to convince DH to go again until she's at least 3 (early next year).

I know we could go on any line, but I'd rather be on a line where children are planned for, expected, and welcomed.

Disney has announced that they will be sailing the west coast over the next 18 months ...mentioned San Diego and Vancouver as departure ports in the press.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

From the West Coast, Alaska is an amazing destination for children on cruises. I believe there may be some limited cruises to Alaska some years leaving from San Francisco; otherwise there are a lot of roundtrip options from Seattle. The Northbound or Southbound cruises from Vancouver to Anchorage and a land tour of Denali are better, but with young kids it might be best to take it easier logistically and make a roundtrip out of Seattle.