When do TA's turn over Group Bookings to the Cruiseline?

4merlurker

I made final payment, filled out the online check in (a while ago) and I cant print my passes. It says they will email me when it's ready :confused: Is it because we are part of a group? No one else in my group has been able to print either. We cruise Nov. 6

We're part of a group also sailing on Nov. 6th on the Mariner. I filled out my info. online about 2-3 weeks ago. At the time it said they would e-mail me when I could print the set sail pass. I called RCCL yesterday because it is after final payment and I still haven't heard anything. I spoke with someone in group sales and she said even though we were part of a group we should still be able to print the set sail pass. She said if I didn't get an e-mail by next week to call group sales back and they will help me be able to print it. One thing that I thought was weird was when she tried to log into my reservation # she couldn't pull it up because someone else in the group was logged in. Apparently if one member of your group in online with their account none of us can access ours at the same time. This seems really silly, but I guess because they are all linked together it is not able to do more than one at the same time. (So if you try to get in and can't that may be part of the problem too.) I hope this makes sence and helps you in some way. I'll be waiting for my set sail pass e-mail right along with you! :)

We also cannot print up the sea pass - we booked independently with a TA, who decided to lump us in with a group. No extras, but changed our reservation number and had to re-do all the paperwork on line. Now we cannot print it out. So we also are waiting for that elusive "email" from RCCL. Let us know if you get yours. Have a great cruise.

TA's don't "turn over" a group booking to the cruise line. They book group cruises through the Cruise line's Group Department to begin with. It's up to the the cruise line's Group Department to notify the cruise line's Documents Department when the group cruise is paid in full, and cruise documents can be released. Just an FYI.

TA's don't "turn over" a group booking to the cruise line. They book group cruises through the Cruise line's Group Department to begin with. It's up to the the cruise line's Group Department to notify the cruise line's Documents Department when the group cruise is paid in full, and cruise documents can be released. Just an FYI.

But there can be delays at the TA's end. When all of the final payments have been collected the TA is responsible for submitting a complete group passenger manifest with names, etc.

For example, say the group totals out to 20 cabins in Cat(G). Many times the group dept at the cruise line will tell the TA "here's 20 Cat(G) cabin numbers -- you tell us what passengers you want in which cabin." This way the TA can make sure Aunt Martha is by an elevator and so forth. If the group leader is slow getting this info to the TA you have a delay there. And then if the TA is not on the ball you can have more delays.

And this can apply even if you're not "really" part of a group. Maybe the TA booked you into a group that was set up for a big family reunion. Even though you may not even meet these other group members during your cruise your booking finalizing is going to go only as fast as the slowest dawdler in the group. If some dope in the group is two weeks late making final payment you're basically two weeks late too because it doesn't matter if you're paid in full if the group isn't paid in full..

Anyway, just being paid in full may not be enough for the group supervisor to authorize release of the documents.

Archived