Balmoral Island

tcowgs2

Does anyone have recent experience with this excursion. Thought about booking then read the reviews now I am second guessing myself. Did it feel like you were there to long? Did you get board? Was the staff friendly? Any other opinions? Thanks in advance.

Was there a couple years ago. Didn't really care for it. We were on one end of the island and Sandals at the other end. There was a lot of construction going on. Maybe that is finished by now. It was a long stop but we like to lounge at the beach. LONG boat ride to get there. I think there was a dolphin area at the end and you could watch some of it from the beach.

I was there last April....it was pretty...but the service was HORRIBLE. I had the wristband for lunch and drinks, but I had to go get everything myself. The servers who were wandering around refused to serve me! I wanted to leave but was told I had to wait until the end of the excursion. The food was terrible as well. everyone was packed into a building, no signs to help you, no lines. it was chaos. I hate to be a complainer about vacation stuff...but this day had me in tears. Just awful. Never again.

Does anyone have recent experience with this excursion. Thought about booking then read the reviews now I am second guessing myself. Did it feel like you were there to long? Did you get board? Was the staff friendly? Any other opinions? Thanks in advance.

Was there recently....all I will say is SKIP IT!

If you're looking for another option, we took a taxi to the Melia Nassau Resort and purchased day passes. The day passes included towels, chairs, umbrellas, several pools, hot tub, non-motorized water toys... There was an outdoor bar with some food and the prices for the food were reasonable. It was $5 per person each way for the taxi ride. We had a great taxi driver that told us about all the sights as we drove there. We arranged with him to pick us up at a set time and he arrived 5 minutes early - no worry though, there were plenty of taxi's available to go back to the ship.

Our day pass was $35/per person - but they also had a package that included a day room. That would have been convenient but not necessary because they had a decent changing area that you can use.

We were here in February and enjoyed it. We enjoy going to a beach to relax, enjoy the sun and water. It hit all of those marks. The food was a your typical cookout fair of burgers, wings, fries etc. it was worth it to us.

• 1 month later...
If you're looking for another option, we took a taxi to the Melia Nassau Resort and purchased day passes. The day passes included towels, chairs, umbrellas, several pools, hot tub, non-motorized water toys... There was an outdoor bar with some food and the prices for the food were reasonable. It was $5 per person each way for the taxi ride. We had a great taxi driver that told us about all the sights as we drove there. We arranged with him to pick us up at a set time and he arrived 5 minutes early - no worry though, there were plenty of taxi's available to go back to the ship.

Our day pass was $35/per person - but they also had a package that included a day room. That would have been convenient but not necessary because they had a decent changing area that you can use.

Are there plenty of umbrellas for everyone?