Carnival and Turtle farm excursions

bradynsmom

We are going on our first cruise and have been looking at three different excursions to the turtle farm.

1. Just the farm which I think we could do without booking through Carnival after reading some of the reviews.

2. Turtles and Rays

3. Turtles and sub

We will have 7 year old son with us and he loves turtles but not sure if that is all we want to do for the day. I would love for him to do more while in port. I was also thinking of doing turtles and just beach but not sure how to go about that.

We just got back from the turtle farm with a 6 and 4 year old. We spent the day there and had a great time. We did the entire park which has a great pool area. There is also a small beach area by the lagoon where you can snorkel. It was easy to do on our own. We took a taxi to the farm and just took the public bus back. The bus stop is right outside the farm. We were in port 7-4 which when you consider tenders is more like 8-3. You could easily do just the turtle tanks then head to the beach but in my opinion the farm was a great place to spend the day! Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I keep looking at the reviews and things online and am pretty sure we are going to want to just do the farm and not the sting rays. As cool as that sounds to do.

I think we are just going to do it on our own instead of with ship as well but have read about the traffic getting thick in afternoon. What time did you head back to ship? did you have time for any shopping or anything?

Edited by bradynsmom

I want to say we headed back to the ship around 1:00. Which gave us time to catch the bus and yes traffic was heavier on the way back. And we did have some time for shopping between getting off the bus and boarding the tender. We had a good 4 hours or so at the farm and that was good for us.