BOGO for 3&4th guests a bad deal for families?

The problem I have is the Norwegian Spirit out of Port Canaveral (drive able from my home) doesn't have ANY balcony or suites that fit 4 people. None.

You are right about that. A dumber room configuration I could not design. But we are reluctantly driving all the way down to MIA. I will drive a day for $2k. Going to try and get down a little early and do some touristy stuff down there.

$7527.00 for an Inside room for 2 adults/2 teens on Disney Fantasy for

March 12 / 7 night caribbean sailing. ( no Magic/ Wonder Caribbean sailings listed at this time)

$2750 for an OCEANVIEW room for 2adults/2teens on Vision of the sea (yes...older smaller ship....)

March 12 / 7 night Caribbean sailing .

Seriously? Almost $5000 more then Royal??? I get that one ship is newer, bigger and probably has more activities for kids... But honestly, some of us cruise for the PORTS!!! Not the ship.

Yes, the Disney Fantasy is probably more comparable to the Freedom class ships, but wow.... That's an insane difference.

The ports on this Royal sailing are all new to us, and that's why we chose Vision. Disneys Caribbean sailings seem to visit the same ports every year.

So sad to say goodbye to Disney.....

We are sailing Indy in July and also priced out Disney, it was twice as much. Just insane. We also sail for the ports, not necessarily the ship, so we are quite happy not paying the inflated Disney amount.

We are sailing Indy in July and also priced out Disney, it was twice as much. Just insane. We also sail for the ports, not necessarily the ship, so we are quite happy not paying the inflated Disney amount.

I think Disney may be option except during the summer or during holidays. When kids are out of school, they go for the jugular! Unfortunately, we have kids in school so we're going to have to pass on Disney.

I was considering a Disney cruise for my birthday around Christmas. 7 day Eastern was over $12K for the 4 of us. For that price I will charter my own catamaran with a captain and cook...