Summer prices/last minute

Looking for past experience (not including Oasis/Allure) what have you experienced/known about Summer cruise prices and last minute prices? Do any of the summer cruises make it to the going, going, gone sales? We are STILL waiting for our daughter's work to give time off, so we have not booked. We are passing final payment for some beginning of the summer cruises, so are not booking until we know something on her (have been told that we will know next week) Any chance we will get a last minute better price? Do they offer them during Summer (peak time) at all?

I've been watching prices for about a year, and I doubt you will find a significant drop in prices, but you also shouldn't expect a dramatic rise. Both of my previous cruises have been bought last minute.

I've been watching prices for about a year, and I doubt you will find a significant drop in prices, but you also shouldn't expect a dramatic rise. Both of my previous cruises have been bought last minute.

Whew, that helps! Thanks! I wish I had paid attention to last year's prices but we were in the middle of moving.:p Thanks again!

Edited by BLAMBKY

In general this years prices are notably higher than last years for the most part. Higher when they're first released, higher halfway through and higher right before the cruise. What I have noticed for my cruises is that the closer the cruise is, the more likely only inside cabins will be available.

But in a way it makes no difference what the prices were last year so don't even worry about that. Like buying a purse and realizing it was on sale 2 weeks prior. If I like the purse I get it and it is what it is. And with your DD's schedule being up in the air, you are just kind of doing what you have to do.

ALSO since you WERE In the middle of moving and I AM in the middle of moving(yet stupidly going on a cruise on Saturday) could you come here and HELP ME PACK FOR THE LOVE OF GLOBAL VAN LINES!!!! :eek:

In general this years prices are notably higher than last years for the most part. Higher when they're first released, higher halfway through and higher right before the cruise. What I have noticed for my cruises is that the closer the cruise is, the more likely only inside cabins will be available.

But in a way it makes no difference what the prices were last year so don't even worry about that. Like buying a purse and realizing it was on sale 2 weeks prior. If I like the purse I get it and it is what it is. And with your DD's schedule being up in the air, you are just kind of doing what you have to do.

ALSO since you WERE In the middle of moving and I AM in the middle of moving(yet stupidly going on a cruise on Saturday) could you come here and HELP ME PACK FOR THE LOVE OF GLOBAL VAN LINES!!!! :eek:

:o Oh my, I feel for you..... I have decided, even with movers packing/moving/unloading, it still is AWFUL!!!! How we ever did it without help is beyond me! At least you can ignore it for a week....I busted my butt to get everything in place to make it feel "like home" before we moved daughter to college. :rolleyes: I think I should have taken a cruise then to RECOVER!!! (Hmmmm, maybe you should book another on board?!)

Edited by BLAMBKY