Disembarkation time

bugsy777

Divina is docking at 9am 27th May in Barcelona.

We intend to self help, so at what time would be the latest that we must vacate our stateroom? Breakfast I would imagine will be hectic, could we go as late as possible? perhaps 9am or later?

Thanks

Divina is docking at 9am 27th May in Barcelona.

We intend to self help, so at what time would be the latest that we must vacate our stateroom? Breakfast I would imagine will be hectic, could we go as late as possible? perhaps 9am or later?

Thanks

The usual time for vacating cabins with that arrival time is 7am.

Breakfast will not necessarily be any more hectic than any other day. Not everyone will be disembarking in Barcelona, so for them it is a normal port day.

I always go to the MFR on disembarkation day, it is easier when you have hand luggage with you. Actually I prefer it anyway.

Not sure they allow self assist outside of the US, unless you're only travelling with carry on luggage. Never seen this advertised as an option or people speak of it. Except on the Caribbean sailings. That said, I don't trVel light and I've never been remotely interested in having to cart a huge case about on the ship and then get it down the gangway with loads of other people pushing and shoving.

Thanks for the reply.

I was under the impression that you have to have breakfast prior to vacating your cabin and thought this was extreme...If I read you correctly you vacate first and then go to breakfast, that makes sense but what else can you do to kill time? If we dock at 9am passengers will only get off after 9.30 I hope one is not forced to hang around in a designated place.

Thanks for the reply.

I was under the impression that you have to have breakfast prior to vacating your cabin and thought this was extreme...If I read you correctly you vacate first and then go to breakfast, that makes sense but what else can you do to kill time? If we dock at 9am passengers will only get off after 9.30 I hope one is not forced to hang around in a designated place.

No, they definitely do not force you to go to your meeting point. You can hang out wherever you want. Sit up on deck and enjoy the sunshine. Find a quiet area.

They don't make announcements for each group being cleared to disembark other than in the official meeting point though.

Thank you both so much!

I intend to do just that! leave the luggage in the cabin, let the stewart know, have breakfast, hang around for most of the people to disembark and self assist maybe at 10am since we can only check in at a hotel around noon.

I disembarked in Barcelona the day before yesterday, was on the MSC Splendida. We docked at 9am but our information newsletter for disembarking stated that we had to vacate cabin by 8am. It also advised that there was a section that we could leave our luggage until we disembarked.

We only had one hand luggage sized suitcase as the rest was taken during the night. There was also a small area for luggage at the entrance to the MDR where we had a leisurely breakfast then had a last wander around and waited about 20 - 30 mins before disembarking. We were off the ship by 9.45am, we were in the 2nd last group to disembark but it was quick.

I disembarked in Barcelona the day before yesterday, was on the MSC Splendida. We docked at 9am but our information newsletter for disembarking stated that we had to vacate cabin by 8am. It also advised that there was a section that we could leave our luggage until we disembarked.

We only had one hand luggage sized suitcase as the rest was taken during the night. There was also a small area for luggage at the entrance to the MDR where we had a leisurely breakfast then had a last wander around and waited about 20 - 30 mins before disembarking. We were off the ship by 9.45am, we were in the 2nd last group to disembark but it was quick.

Could you estimate what is the latest time one could disembark?

I would like to stay on until 10,30 11am would that be possible?

BTW would you know the earliest one can embark?

Thanks