Help me pick a birthday cruise!

mykeb14

So I am planning my April 2016 cruise for my birthday next year and if you could choose any ship and/or itinerary what would you choose? We live in AZ and by the end of the year we will have done all 3 ships that leave out of Long Beach. We love our short 4 day cruises cause they are so cheap and with our schedule we only have to take 2 days off of work.

Do you plan on flying to a port? If yes, you could do a 7-day out of Galveston. There are plenty of ship cruising from there. If you're staying in California, try Princess. :)

Ive been thinking Galveston. I would really like to try one of the Dream class ships.

Do you plan on flying to a port? If yes, you could do a 7-day out of Galveston. There are plenty of ship cruising from there. If you're staying in California, try Princess. :)

Great ideas Fryee39....

If you can ..the coastal cruises I am sure are wonderful on Princess in CA...and there are several tranistions up to Alaska I think...4 days to a week...cruises. The ships are classically just gorgeous on Princess and I loved my one 3 night when Star was brand new...the pools are so plentiful..the spas beautiful.

I also read and think of back to backs a lot now for next time...if I do a big air ticket and it can be big almost anywhere from here...you an also do one out of Galveston or one out of Houston...or both..travel is a bit of a deal but there are a few car services I have read about.

But if you are staying on a more strict budget..upgrade a bit on you 4 day and maybe add a couple of nights at a great hotel there in CA..shop for deals. I love the 4 day after most spring break times out of Long Beach...mine was June...so tempted to repeat that but trying to save for a back to back with air..LOL.or a 10 11 day trip.

Also check to see when NCL gets things all fixed up for the Star and west coast...or whatever ships may be there in April next year...you may get a good deal with current shake down for next year...

I also think Hawaii would be cool and there are 10-11 day ones on Legend I think next April and Rccl too...not all are full 2 weeks if you have time...verify this timing and my info..I dream alot...sometimes get the dates/lines mixed up..LOL..

Air for you may be great to Texas...or just a one way from Hawaii or to Hawaii...and then a nearer port...

Edited by sjn911

So I am planning my April 2016 cruise for my birthday next year and if you could choose any ship and/or itinerary what would you choose? We live in AZ and by the end of the year we will have done all 3 ships that leave out of Long Beach. We love our short 4 day cruises cause they are so cheap and with our schedule we only have to take 2 days off of work.

Are you still booked on the Carnival Imagination for April 19, 2015 4 day Catalina, Ensenada, sea day cruise???

If so we can talk further while on that. We have completed 78 cruises and we each have our favorites.

Depends on the time you wish to take your birthday cruise next year. But Princess California coastal cruises are nice. We took from March 28 to April 4 and it was great. We were on the Ruby Princess and we like especially the Ruby for its special effect in the production shows. Much improved over some of the other Princess ships. But the Crown and the Grand are ok too.

We can talk more on the Imagination on April 19.

David:cool:

I would choose a 7 or 8 night cruise from the East coast of Florida. Splurge if you can, afterall it's a special day. One of Carnival's or Royal Caribbean's mid size or larger ships would be my pick. If you get a bargain on NCL then they are ok too. I like Carnival and Royal by far the the best though.

I would not take a western Caribbean. My choice would be an eastern Caribbean to include St. Maarten, St. Thomas, San Juan and if you can also take in Tortola, Antigua, Barbados and/or Grand Turk those would be good too. Any combination of the above ports I mentioned would be great.

Of course if you can get a deal, then western Caribbean is an option too, but I would sooner spend a couple hundred more and take an eastern Caribbean itinerary.

My birthday is in April too, the 28th. When is your birthday and what week would you be looking at?

I would fly in the day before your cruise departs, for sure. Too much can go wrong arriving the day of the cruise. I live in Florida, and even when I drive to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for a cruise, I always drive down a day before.

Let us know.