EPIC Shows - whats included?

michelle028

The Blue Man Group is free, but is not going to be on the Epic any longer (perhaps already done as of this week). The Second City comedy show is free, as well as a hypnotist, Legends in Concert, and some of the different game shows each night (like Newlyweds Game). If there's something you might be interested in, start making reservations online as soon as you can. We found that many of the shows (and all of the ones we wanted to see) were sold out/on standby only by the time day 2 rolled around on our cruise.

For shows that you have to pay to see, Cirque Dreams & Dinner was really wonderful and IMHO, totally worth the $29.99 or $39.99 you pay to see it. While the dinner was only average (nothing spectacular, but not horrible/terrible by any means), the show was really great - loved by my whole family (5 year old and my husband).

Easier to say what ents are pay:

Cirque dreams dinner.

2nd city murder mystery lunch. (Evening events free)

Nickleodeon Pyjama party.

Bowling.

Bingo.

Everything else is free. Two main theatre shows you can pre-book or onboard or chance on the night in standby queue.

From October the shows will be Burn the floor and musical Priscilla.

Daily events in Spice H2O - themed parties, movies under the stars

Daily events in the Atrium - from bands/singer/dance competition/towel folding/nighttime movies

Daily events in Bliss lounge, usually quizes, Karaoke and then late night partying.

Quieter piano player/singer in Shakers bar

Often a singer/guitar player in Maltings bar

Comedy acts, second City and howl at the moon in Headliners

From Oct will be Beatles tribute band in the cavern, currently fat cats

Cirque dreams dinner.

Bowling.

Bingo.

Everything else is free. Two main theatre shows you can pre-book or onboard or chance on the night in standby queue.

Daily events in the Atrium - from bands/singer/dance competition/towel folding/nighttime movies

Daily events in Bliss lounge, usually quizes, Karaoke and then late night partying.

So we book all these shoes/events we want to attend online?

Cirque dreams dinner.

Bowling.

Bingo.

What shows do they have on the Med cruise on the Epic? Are they going to be the same or different since the boat is in Europe? I tried to login to my NCL account to check but my username is not working. Anyone know?

We haven't booked anything and never do, we did it all on the day we wanted to do things. But even then we turned up without reservations for the Blue Men about a minute before the show started and got great seats (which we left after 10 minutes because we didn't enjoy them at all!)

The only thing we saw sell out was Cirque, so if that's something you really want to do you could book.

Most of the entertainment is spread out in the different bars/clubs so no booking.

For the bigger shows (legends, probably a dance thing or two) then you can book when you get on the ship.

My cruise leaves in 88 days. I went on the NCL website yesterday and am unable to book a lot of things. I called the help line and they said that is because they are already fully booked (eg Cagneys, Burn the Floor Show). Anyone else having this problem? I also keep getting booted off of NCL's site. The NCL rep said this is normal?!?! I am already frustrated and haven't even gotten on the ship yet! Will things open up or should I just give up?

So we book all these shoes/events we want to attend online?

No. Not all. The two theatre shows and cirque dreams you can book online or when onboard.

The shows in headliners are occasionally bookable but the rest like howl and the Beatles etc you just walk in.

My cruise leaves in 88 days. I went on the NCL website yesterday and am unable to book a lot of things. I called the help line and they said that is because they are already fully booked (eg Cagneys, Burn the Floor Show). Anyone else having this problem? I also keep getting booted off of NCL's site. The NCL rep said this is normal?!?! I am already frustrated and haven't even gotten on the ship yet! Will things open up or should I just give up?

They only open a percentage of venue seats pre cruise for booking. Some remain for booking on board. Cagney's, per a message on this board from NCL, has been closed for pre cruise bookings for sailings after July 3. If your cruise is prior to that and it is not listed as a choice, then the percentage has been met pre cruise. You can call reservations once onboard for anything you do not book pre cruise.