Pros to staying on Cruise ship when in Port?

For me the cruise is the holiday not the ports of call. I am as happy to stay on board or walk around the immediate port area for a while before returning to an almost empty ship as going on an expensive excursion. There are obviously some destinations that must be seen.

If the port is a tender port we like to take the tender into port and catch another one back even if we are going to stay on the ship for most of the day. Tenders can be great change of pace and an exciting ride.

We don't fly and I don't relish driving two or three days to a Florida port so for us its the same ports of call over and over again since we leave either from Galveston or New Orleans.

For us staying on the ship saves us money since we don't have that impulse to buy so same old tired souvenirs; tee shirts, key chains, etc.

Unless its a new port we've never been too our family and friends now know not to expect anything from us except a relaxed attitude when we get home.

For me the cruise is the holiday not the ports of call. I am as happy to stay on board or walk around the immediate port area for a while before returning to an almost empty ship as going on an expensive excursion. There are obviously some destinations that must be seen.

If it's a port I've been to and I'm not touring, I'll walk around the port and go back onboard for lunch. Then I find something that intetests me, or I go enjoy my balcony.