Camp Carnival question

mzim

I have a question about the Camp Carnival program. Our family will be taking a cruise on the Carnival Pride next August. We have three children, one who will be 8 years old during our cruise and twins who will be 10 years old. We will be traveling with friends who also have nine and ten year old children.

We noticed that the camp carnival children’s groups are divided into 6-8 year olds and 9-11 year olds. Does anyone know how strict Carnival is about keeping children in their age groups? Our youngest son will not be 9 until two months after our cruise and will be heartbroken if he has to be separated from his brothers and friends who will all be in the 9-11 year olds group. I can’t seem to get a definitive answer from Carnival, although it sounds like they may insist that the children be separated. This could cause a real problem for us. Any information you can provide will be really appreciated. Thanks!

My kids are just 19 months apart in age and we constantly run into this problem on every cruise. :( They have always let my older child step down into the younger kids group to be with the younger sibling but they have never let the younger one into the older kids group.

But a recent cruiser posted that if you ask the person in charge of the kids area you might get your child moved up to the next age group. They said they were nice but very persistent and even asked for the person in charge, and it paid off. They said that the person in charge of the kids area said they would put the child in the next age group and watch and see how he did. There were no guarantees, but they said they would give it a try and see how it worked, and it worked out just fine. More than one cruiser has said that they did this and it worked. But for each cruiser that's gotten their kids promoted to the next age group, there's ten more that complain that their kids weren't allowed to move up an age group to be with a sibling.:(

It seems to me that the rules vary from ship to ship, just like some schools are really strict and others are more lax. Some ships personnel are more easygoing and are willing to bend the rules to keep the peace. Others are sticklers for the rules and will make no exceptions. Even if the youngest child has to stay in the younger age group, he'll meet many new friends and have fun, I guarantee it!:) My kids always make lots of new friends in the kids center when we cruise, I'm sure yours will too.

Thanks so much for your advice and thoughts.

I'm sure my son would eventually have fun with new cruising friends. I just dread the first day or two of tears and unhappiness that he is sure to experience if four of our group are in one camp carnival area and he has to go to another.

Has it been your experience that they check birth certificates?

Thanks again for your reply.

Archived